No more laptops

eddc87

I love 60 ft.
A friend of mine went to our local track (KCIR) in Kansas City for the Friday test and tune and was promptly told that he would not be allowed to use his laptop during his burnout or run as per NHRA rules. As I read the rules, the use of computers are not allowed anymore. The definition of a computer (NHRA) is any device whether it be electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, or hydraulic that activates any function that effects the operation of that vehicle. Do they just not want anybody playing with the computer during a run when they should be concentrating on driving? Why should the people that are just trying to collect data be penalized? Keep in mind that this was a test and tune night not an NHRA Divisional or National race. Has anybody else had this rule enforced against them or even was aware of it?

If you are using Turbolink, all you are doing is pressing the space bar beore and after the run right? Why would this affect your driving? Crappy rule, I guess they want us to tune on the streets. :eek:

rtviper said:
I think its just for unsecured laptops. If you have it in a holder its ok
That would make sense but it is not the case. I have emailed NHRA for a rules clairification. It is always up to the track to enforce all rules but there must have been some major problem some where for them to do this.