no fuel ?

ledzeppac

I have a quick question about troubleshooting a fuel pump issue.

1st car does have a hotwire kit; but its a homemade one from the orignial owner who put it on in '87... That being said, its what I would call a relay block with a 25 amp fuse attached. Two hot leads in(one of alt. and the other from ignition somewhere?), one ground out, and one hot out to pump.

Car didnt start today. poped the hood no pressure.
Jump the pump. works fine; I pressurized the line, took the jumper off and started the car, ran an erand, shut it off, turned it back on(normally with just the key) and drove home. Its not popping the 25 amp fuse.

Later turned car on normally and it ran for 30 seconds and shut off. Tried to start again but no fuel...

So the question I guess is; is the relay bad? Or is there somewhere else I should look? Maybe the relay on the passenger side fenderwell? I would assume its not the fuse under the dash because it DID start intermediatly.

Hope this makes sense.
Thank you
Phil

Had the same problem with mine recently. I built my own hotwire kit and it turned out to be the relay. Just make sure you get a 30amp relay and not one of the 15s as THEY WILL MELT!!!!! Good luck Jon Hanson