No forward or Reverse - just changed fluid.

Cruzbear

I have a Turbo 400 with brake. Reverse manual. 3 speed

Doing some spring maintenance, pulled the pan off cleaned it replaced the filter, new gasket, fluid etc.

Started the vehicle for one minute shut it down, started it up agian a few minutes later put it in gear and rolled it off the lift, then shut it down on my drive way and cleaned her up a little.

I then started her up put her in gear tried to drive down the street but could only muster a rolling speed and have no reverse.

What could I have done wrong in the dropping the pan? The cable seems fine I can shift and it does move, something inside I may have upset?

Thinking about my steps and possible causes... I did not fill/prime the filter... I did not let it run for long, I have heard that this could make a difference in getting everything circulating properly..?

any help would be great,
jim

I think that i have similar problems, is your neutral also acting strange, my N only works when the motor is killed.

Not knowing a whole lot about the 400 -

Does it have a little rubber o-ring that seats the filter neck like the 200? Sometimes that o-ring stays up there and when you stab the new filter you have two of'em up there. It's a great place for the tranny pump to suck air. Also, sometimes the filter drops out if it isn't seated well.

Not knowing a whole lot about the 400 -

Does it have a little rubber o-ring that seats the filter neck like the 200? Sometimes that o-ring stays up there and when you stab the new filter you have two of'em up there. It's a great place for the tranny pump to suck air. Also, sometimes the filter drops out if it isn't seated well.
It does have the o-ring and I pushed it up there pretty well but who knows? If the filter has slipped this may cause the problem? I think I will be taking the pan off again. But before I do I am open to all suggstions of what to look for.

thanks
jim

After 8 litres (quarts) of tranny fluid everything is good again. The oversized pan took more than I thought.