No Electric to Car

I just swapped the motor from an 87 to an 86 roller that I picked up. I got everything in, and turned the key and I get nothing. None of the interior lights come on, no dash lights. I have checked all of the fuses, also checked the voltage from the battery to alternator and I got 12v. The only other place I am concerned that may not be correct is the 3 eyelets that go on the starter, they were taped up and I thought that they may be going into the 1 wire that goes on the little stud of starter. If they go somewhere else, where do they go???

The three wires go on the starters big post with the positive cable.

The ground cable from the battery should be on the front of the block lower turbo bracket bolt.

Make sure all the grounds on the back of the passenger head are secure or if using casper's ground relocation, make sure there is a cable from the re locator lead to the engine block.

Good luck!

RL

Looks like I have some tracking to do then!!! Thankyou again, hopefully the next post will be that those fixed my problem.

If the wires have been taped, that probably means some work has been done on the fuseable links...I'd suggest you revisit, and take a look for any surprizes under that tape. Better now, than on the side of a 2 lane at 3am...