No dash Lights all of a sudden!! Im Stumped!

TonyTtops

The one and only
I recently removed an aftermarket radio to install a remanufactured 92 Deville delco in its place. Trying to get back to stock. I checked all connections and everything was working fine including all of the lights of the interior. I installed everything back in its place. A few hours later I went out for a spin.. turned on the headlights and all the dash lights went out including the aftermarket gauges, no tach, no turbo. But the radio lights worked. I turned the headlights off and I get the tach and turbo back on the spedo cluster. Head and tail lights work the entire time. Does any one know what might be going on??

Did you check your fuses? You probably blew the fuse for the dash lights. If you did, check your wiring behind the radio. I think it is a grey wire that may be shorting out.

The 20A taillamp fuse and the 5A LPS fuses are the ones to check.

They run the dash lamps.

If the tail lights work it's gotta be the 5A LPS fuse middle top of the fuse box.

Probably a gray lps wire shorted behind the radio, as mentioned, if not it's most likely at the shifter location the wire pulls out of the socket for that lamp and shorts out on the metal there.