No Calpack Damage???

turbojustin

Ninja
I just picked up a hybrid LC2 Blazer that is running a stock ECM. It runs rough when under boost and sometimes does not start. It just cranks over like its getting no spark. Fuel pressure seems good at startup and idle.

I opened the ECM and it had no Calpack in the socket. I replaced the missing calpack which turned off the check engine light, but it still suffers under boost and has the no start issue.

Also, the radiator fan never turns on. I tested the relays and they are good. The fan will turn on if I jump the relay.

Here's my question...Could this all be signs of a bad ECM? Could the ECM have been damaged from driving the truck with no calpack?

I have already replaced the following sensors with known good parts: MAF, Cam sensor, crank sensor, ignition module, and coil pack. Unfortunately, I don't have a spare ECM.

FYI: The truck has a Caspers modified stock engine harness. Also, the previous owner said the truck has ran this way ever since the engine swap.

Hybrids are tough to trace these problems!

Try checking the basics, there is a no start troubleshoot diagnosis checklist out there.

sounds like some flaky wiring and or grounds. Check that the ECM connections in the 2 big blocks are not corroded and there are not loose connectors. There are pretty small and easily get loose in the connectors blocks.

Check that you have a good crank signal at the ECM. The voltage of the crank ref signal should fluctuate as you crank the engine.