No brake lights

dagojoe

ok..guys i have no brake lights..on the taillights...the 3rd brake light works.., hazzards work, taillights work just no brakelights...all the bulbs are replaced with proper bulbs,sockets clean,brakelight switch is new..{thought that was the problem so i bought a new one} nope thats not it,and fuse is good...what am i missing....help me please.....:mad:

Check the white wire on the steering column harness . Its a caused me the same problem . the plug was pushed together but the white male and female wires had a poor connection. Might help!

i will check the white wire...i had this problem once before..with the lights..i redid the white wire...havnt checked it..mayb it came lose..but a friend said sumthing about a round white piece in the steering column ..i forget the name but i think it has sumthing to do with the hazzards...if im correct the 3rd brake light has a seperate circuit from the taillight brakes,,,what will make them go out but the 3rd brake light still work?

The 3rd brake light has a separate wire that runs from the pedal switch straight to the third brakelight (via the rear bumper).

Both get power at the pedal switch, but the brakes go their separate ways to the combination board so they can work with the flashers.

Check for power coming out of the pedal switch. My switch went bad on the 3rd brake light side and I had to jump it over to the Brake side with a tap splice.

bingo

the white wire under the dash by the steering cloumn was only held by a small piece of wire..it was almost completely in half...at the connector...so i repaired the white wire,,,,problem fixed,,,thanks guys...once again

I have the same problem...Gotta try this. How many screws and where to gain acces to the wires?

No screws to take out. Look up under the dash at the steering column and at the base of the column there is a 1/4 round shaped plug with alot of wires in it. One will be white, the white coloured wire is part of the brake light curcit. I had a problem at that connection which caused my car only to have the third brake light come on and no brake lights. I repaired that connection and i had all my brake lights working again.

If you still have the cover panel, you'll need to remove the two 9/32" screws that hold the panel in place.