No brake lights help plz

Mmffnick

I have a 84 car I have no brake lights the marker lights work the turn signals work I have replaced the switch on the pedal replaced the bulbs any ideas on what my next move needs to be or something I'm overlooking and have checked the fuse in the fuse box also

I would double check that the bulbs were in the right way. They will fit in backwards. Look into the socket and make sure the metal tabs on the side of the bulb coraspond with the socket they're offset. If not I would start with a test light. wiring harness is located inside of trunk on left side.

Tks for the reply I'll try it in the morn see if I can get them to function th old brake light switch looked like it got hot and melted a lil bit but the wires looked good from the brake lights up

I have a 84 car I have no brake lights the marker lights work the turn signals work I have replaced the switch on the pedal replaced the bulbs any ideas on what my next move needs to be or something I'm overlooking and have checked the fuse in the fuse box also

This can be tough to troubleshoot as the brake light power goes through the turn signal switch assembly.

I would start at the brake switch on the pedal and check for power there, then work my way to the turn signal switch. If there is power going in then check it on the out side of the switch. Note that there is a connector at the column that has a bunch of wires, I've had issues with the wires breaking at that connector.

RemoveBeforeFlight

If your car has a tilt wheel. then the white wire from the combo turn signal switch has broken from using the tilt. Replace the turn signal switch.

Thanks guys it was the turn signal switch I wouldn't of ever figured it out if it wasn't for y'all's input thanks again

Out of curiosity that wouldn't happen to have something with my stock fp relay not to work would it because I replaced the relay but couldn't get it to activate my hot wire kit so I have been having to run it off my keyed hot on my fuse panel