no boost on line, car pushes

ApullinV6

Car will not build any boost on line. Just recently got motor back together and finally got a chance to take car back to track. Car has s-10 brake cyl-s, big pads, use line lock in water box and stand on the brakes at the line. I lucked up and held 5 lbs one time. The rest of the time, car would push before any boost built up.
Car has a pats 3200 conv., te60 turbo w/ a .83 exh housing, heads slightly ported, and a 206/212 cam.

Installed my stock turbo on tonight and held 5 lbs first try. Why is this?

#'s 1/8 mile with te60

5#'s off line, 1.548 60', 7.379 1/8 @ 90.571 20# boost
0# off line , 1.673 60', 7.540 1/8 @ 90.719 21# boost

Runs were made with 100 octane, no alky yet even thought I'm running a alky chip.

Think I might try stock turbo Thursday night..

are the front tires staying locked and the car is pushing them or are the front wheels rolling forward? what size tires on the front?

Just an off the wall ?, but when did you install the Pats convertor? Did this start happening just after t a convertor change?

Front tires stay locked, car will either start power braking or push car through light. (front tires are not skinnies) running e.t. drags on rear.

Convertor...didn't really get a chance to run car before convertor was installed. Had tranny rebuilt, and installed convertor during rebuild. I know that before convertor was installed and I had stock turbo, car pulled good but no wheel chirp other than when car would go into second. With tranny rebuild and a new conv. car would blow tires away and turn car sideways in the road making car a blast to drive. Not long after tranny rebuild car spun rod bearing and motor came out to have freshened up. This is first could chance I've had at the track since. Car hasn't built boost good from day one compared to my first gn. I've checked for exh. leaks and have tightened brakes, no change.

Hmmmm, well the reason I asked that ? is because I too install a Pats 10" 3200 convertor and every since installing that convertor I to cant build ANY boost at the line. Last year I had no problem holding 9lbs on the foot brake with the stock re-stalled D5 but with some much as 1lb now I just haze the tires at the line.

Hopefully, this is just a coincedence that weew both having this problem after installing the same convertors.

press the ebrake all the way down and then build boost and then lauch away.

A transbrake will solve this.:D

I would say, with your 60 turbo and 82 exhaust housing you are lacking the stall you need. I would say your converter is a little tight for your set up.
TE-60`s were never the best spooling turbos. And, with the bigger ex housing, you are not helping matters there.

A true 3200-3400 will pick things up.
Also, your tune up will make a little difference as well. If it is to rich on the bottom, you may never get that thing to spool well.

HTH`s... Brian

Of course a T-brake would solve the problem but in my case, ie BB67 and 10" 3200 convertor, you wouldnt think that building boost off the foot brake would be a problem

drove car again today with stock turbo and built boost, 5 lbs is the max. After that, back wheels start spinning. I had to turn car at 3100 rpm's to make 5 lbs. Car starts to spin at 3175 rpms. Should this be so with the stock turbo and a 3200 convertor.