No air filter vs. Air filter

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
I disconnected the air filter and intake from the carb elbow to drive and see if I could detect a diffrence... and my car is MUCH faster than it was before. It was like my car was inhaling through a straw. Is this bad though? I can rig up a filter mesh to place inside the carb elbow to act as a filter.....

K&N is your friend kid. You can get them off evilbay for less than $50 including shippiing.

and try not to run it without the cover.... I sucked the hood liner into the carb onetime like that. and it will destroy your tune completly.

A.j.

I disconnected the air filter and intake from the carb elbow to drive and see if I could detect a diffrence... and my car is MUCH faster than it was before. It was like my car was inhaling through a straw. Is this bad though? I can rig up a filter mesh to place inside the carb elbow to act as a filter.....
take off the carb hat once and youll see how bad it is too. Mike

i was runnin mine like that for like 2 weeks i decided to put a low profile air plenum on it and ran 4 inch hose to the front on drivers side past the radiator for evry 10 degrees you go down you gain 1 hp and 1.5 in torque