no 4th at WOT revisted

77 cruiser

On the old board I posted a no WOT shift to 4th prob. Probably the best answer I got was a cross leak in the vb (even though I didn`t think so at the time) which it prolly is. I had the vb off 2 months ago to check for a prob., I couldn`t see anything unusual to the untrained eye. I put the vb back in with new gaskets torqued to 95 in. lbs. instead of 105 or?? worked perfect so I thought the prob. was fixed till tonight no shift to 4th at WOT.
So where would I start o look cross leak somewhere , gov circuit case side vb side give me a hint.

Code OG trans TransGo shiftkit

BTW Bruce I haven`t done anything with the servo return spriing yet.

Thanks Jim

I would look at 3-4 shift valve myself.....

Bruce
WE4

Might try to look at the TV limit valve. A shimmed TV limit spring will prevent 4th at WOT. Maybe it's binding/sticking?

I`ll take a look at both valves. The TV limit isn`t shimmed, I had em all out during the rebuild last fall. They could be binding though. What to use for polishing the valves? Is something like 1500 grit paper OK or no?

Thanks- Jim

I read post wrong. No wot 3-4? I thought no 4th at all.
first of all how fast are you going at this point? And where?
heheheh
tv sleeve plays a big part in this circuit. Ck for plunger bore wear..
3-4 shift valve is not your problem

Bruce
WE4

After I had the vb off and it was shifting it would shift at 42-4300 rpm. The other nite I ran it up to 5200 or about 110 no shift. Can`t tell you where :D no speed limits on county roads up here in the sticks.

Jim

Why does it seem you guys all live in the sticks? :):):)
Never fails....

Bruce
WE4

Had 4th at WOT tonite must be a sticking valve. I dunno cause that`s where I am Bruce, :D:D kicked it up to 110 plus tonite with new motor.

Jim