nittos and snow

turbot2112

did anybody ever try to drive in the snow with nittos?you cant do it, its impossible.all this for a piece of as$.im freakin stranded.:mad: :D

I tried it once when I had to back my car out of the garage. I damn near didn't get the car back in. It would just spin and want to go sideways. That was in about an inch of packed snow.

oh,i do, it wasnt snowing 2 days ago when i went on the date.this is the longest date ive had in my life,lol.:D

I've done it a few times, but yes it's scary. Salt/slush is not bad, just go real slow and be careful, but packed snow/turning to ice can be a challenge. I made it up the little private road my work place is on that doesn't get plowed, and back out, last winter with 3 inches of fresh snow on the ground. I did have to get out and shovel once or twice, though :).

I got caught one time by an early snow when I was living in Wisconsin. Went into the mall, came back out in an hour and it was snowing like mad. I drove with great care and found that handling on even ground was predictable (bad, but predictable), but forget trying to make it up even a small hill.

After that the Nittos came off every year on September 1st.

Scott

finally mede it home. i wont do that sh$t again. damn i love my toyota pickup. cant believe i even thought about selling it last summer. thats all i will be driving until the spring.:D

If Ya gotta drive it in the crummy weather why not buy some used snow tires?
What are you expecting a race or something?:D