Nitto Pressure at the Track

SWFla GN

I went to the track for the first time last night:) Had a blast. Could not get my car to launch well with Nitto 275/50/15. Did not have much boost at the line and was spinning alot in first gear. I did a short burnout, samething. Did a longer burnout, samething. I was running 25# in each tire. Should I come down in pressure?

Originally posted by SWFla GN
I went to the track for the first time last night:) Had a blast. Could not get my car to launch well with Nitto 275/50/15. Did not have much boost at the line and was spinning alot in first gear. I did a short burnout, samething. Did a longer burnout, samething. I was running 25# in each tire. Should I come down in pressure?

After a moderate burnout my Nittos hook good with 21# of air in them and an 8# launch. Was going to try 19-20#'s but ran out of time.

HOW

Mine are mounted on an 8" wheel and prefer 18 to 19 psi. I do a decent burnout as they seem to hook better. I start off in manual second (trans brake) and let it shift. Count to about 4 or 5 and roll out. Works to low 1.7 60's on a mild 5-6 psi launch.

Thanks for the replies, I'm going down in tire pressure starting at 22#s next time I go to the track. If it improves my 2.0 60 foot time, I'll let you know. Mike