Nitrous

Boy Buick85

Has any one used it WITH A HOT AIR OR INTERCOOLED CAR ? Successful?

If so will it work with Alky and Where would the nozzle Go? Does any one have pics of there setup? :)

Any Ideas ?

I've run a 50 shot succesfully on my car. Its an 87, stock longblock, TE44, spiked 26 lbs. and ran strong. RUN A WET KIT if you do it, also make sure that you watch and let out at the FIRST SIGN of KR.

Some general rules, make sure you're running 2-3 steps colder plugs, gap them down a little more if you intend on spraying on the top side, should be ok if you just want the help spooling. Start rich and work your way back, don't want to chance it. I also say start with a 35 shot, and go from there. I realize its a small shot, and it may be hard to tell its working, just watch your boost gauge, should move a lb. or two when you hit it.

Just my .02, worked for me.

-Will

Thanks alot Tarzan :D ....... well what kit would you recomend ??

How much Nitrous can our motors take ?? Whats the most you have seen any one use ??

Are there any other guages i need to go with the Nitrous , I already have water, oil pr, Boost and a Scanmaster.

Not really any gauges I'd recommend, main thing is to watch knock, maybe wanna make sure you don't run it lean (A/F gauge), though I don't run one...

any brand wet kit would be fine...I run NOS

-Will

A/F isnt that what the BLMS are for :confused: ??

Well i went to the NOS website and they recomend that you not use with any aftermarket chip or anything else that will Advance timing :confused:

i have a TT chip and a MAFTRANSLATOR PLUS wich lets me mess with timing. How do i know how much to put in?? ...

... Also how can i check how much timing my CAR HAS :D LOL SORRY FOR THE FIFTY QUESTIONS

I'm running a 190 shot with methanol to spool the turbo. Makes things happen quick.

A/F isnt that what the BLMS are for :confused: ??

Well i went to the NOS website and they recomend that you not use with any aftermarket chip or anything else that will Advance timing :confused:

i have a TT chip and a MAFTRANSLATOR PLUS wich lets me mess with timing. How do i know how much to put in?? ...

... Also how can i check how much timing my CAR HAS :D LOL SORRY FOR THE FIFTY QUESTIONS

Yeah, thats what their for, you asked about gauges, I just threw out the suggestion ;)

Not sure what chip you're using, but if you're using a turbotweak chip, you should be able to back off the timing a lil bit. Personally, I just added a little fuel, made sure I was running enough octane (I run race gas instead of meth) and colder plugs, and it should be fine....

For a small shot, you shouldn't have to back off the timing much, if any at all.

When you got your chip, it should have told you your timing...

-Will

I have ran several setups, here is one of them:

If your using a 35 shot I would make sure you have a good tune on the car and run a street chip. I would not run a strip chip. Think of the nitrous as running more boost (an amount of boost that you would need to make 35hp more). So if your running boost currently at the max level for pump gas and you add nitrous your probable going to have problems. Things that help with the nitrous are: It acts as an intercooler, cost in the short run, and fairly simply to add. Disadvantages are: refilling the bottle (cost & inconvience), when you over doing it(to much nitrous for setup) things go south real fast, more parts to malfunction.

Like mentioned above start out small and increase as your experience increases. As for timing you would remove timing as the nitrous increase, do NOT add timing.

Good luck
Chuck

I ran mine on a 35 shot a couple weeks ago and it came out of the hole a hell of a lot harder than it did on motor (I need a converter :rolleyes: )

But I was racing my brother's BBC Chevelle so I sprayed him the whole way trying to catch up because he redlit on me :mad: I am gonna try a 50 shot this weekend. Boost for me normally is 20, it was around 22 psi on nitrous.