NHRA win!

topfuel

nitro sniffer
Well after 10 years of racing, Bob Bode finally won his first trophy in nitro funny car competition! We won the Lucas oil nationals in Brainerd Minn this weekend, absolutely unbelieveable.

2010 NHRA LUCAS OIL NATIONALS - EVENT NOTEBOOK

So proud of Bob and all the crew guys for doing their jobs flawlessly.
This was one of the greatest accomplishments in my life for sure.
I built the short block that won a national event!

I watched it on TV and fist pumped him all the way down the track in the final. :biggrin: I love it when the little guys trump the big dogs!! Congratulations!!! Fantastic accomplishment!! :biggrin::D

Congrats! Not sure if you remember but you showed my wife and I around the Bode pits a few years ago at Indy. Thanks again!!

congrats on the win, it's good to see the lil guys win, I'm not a fan of the team concept, a.k.a. schumacher and force.

Thanks guys.

I just got some more good news today, as if I haven't been smiling enough lately. Full Throttle called Bode and said congratulations, your crew won the "hardest working crew" award and are sending a check for $3000 to be split up by the crew. Very cool to get recognized by the sponsor.
I still can't get over the excitement four days later.

Yes Kevin I remember you, and chittalker. Are you coming to Indy again this year?

Thanks guys.

I just got some more good news today, as if I haven't been smiling enough lately. Full Throttle called Bode and said congratulations, your crew won the "hardest working crew" award and are sending a check for $3000 to be split up by the crew. Very cool to get recognized by the sponsor.

Yes Kevin I remember you, and chittalker. Are you coming to Indy again this year?

hey,hows my old cross flow holding up..does that car ever race a car called Dark Night,not sure if its in the same class or not.. Dennis :)

hey,hows my old cross flow holding up..does that car ever race a car called Dark Night,not sure if its in the same class or not.. Dennis :)

Hi Dennis.
Yeah the crossflow is still on my car, I love it.
No never heard of Dark Night car.

how awesome would it be if the big teams kept getting beat by the little guys?
it would be worth it just to see John Force cry about it every time they shove a camera in his face.

Great Job!! It must have been an awesome feeling to go a few rounds to get to the finals. Sometimes the planets align just right and the little guy gets it done. Congrats!!!

Thanks guys.

Big Congrats!!!!!
I plan on going Sat. or Sun. I look forward to seeing you again. Now that your big time do I still get a shirt lol.

Awesome. Just finished watching it, and it's nice to see someone truly excited to win. Congrats to Bob, his family and his crew. Good Job!

Wow, that was so Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huge congrats to you guys.

My son and I watched Friday night qualifying in the suites at Route66 this year. I remember Bob Bodes little boy was up in the suites with us and he was bragging his dad up. Bode was one of the few that was able to make a solid full hit on the car that night. His boy was so excited when the other cars were blowing the tires off at mid track.

You guys so deserve it. I can only imagine the kind of dedication it takes to compete at that level.

Great job!! I still proudly wear my Bode shirt you gave me at the Nationals a few years back. I will probably be there Friday for the Hemi shootout. If its not 90+ degrees I will show off my black "Bode" shirt. I will try to stop by and say hi again. I want one of those Wallys myself!! Maybe someday!! Mike:cool: