newguy with trans ?'s

hanly2

My 200-r4 is shifting like crap. It doesn't want to change gears it just winds out and then slams it self into gear. Also if I have it in OD and I reach like 45 -50 it keeps acting up like if you had a car with a governer and you reached the limit it feels like a engine break. If I get over 55 its ok and under just in that range it acts up. Also I tried to adjust the tv cable It says to push in the tab then pull back the slider then let the tab go and open the throttle. I was going to do this but In the book it showed a pic and the slider was the whole mechanism I pushed in the tab and you can't pull back crap. Am I supposed to take it out of the bracket on the intake??

Also how much do these tranny's weigh anyone know?

Thanks for any help in advance.
I come in peace from the oldspower.com site.

What's the history of the tranny and what code is it? Did you just get it or did it just start acting up? Sounds like it might be govenor trouble or my even be weak eng. valve springs? As far as the TV cable adjustment, it sounds like your doing it right, try some penatrating oil on the tab and mechanism, and try useing a screw driver or something and tap it lightly on the tab, your probably not getting it to go down from not being used. :D

the valve springs are brand new. The trans is a kzf out of a 442 I never drove it before I just finished putting it together recently and I know I never adjusted the tv cable correctly. I am having trouble adjusting it right I can get the tab to do down and such no prob. I just don't understand how its telling me to adjust it.

whats up chris

PS. trans weight dry w/o converter about 150#. Did you change the gov. or any valve body parts? As for the cable adj. once you have the tab pushed in you grab the plastic cable housing to the rear of the tab and slide it back towards the firewall, it should slide back and forth freley when the tab is pushed in, once you have it slid back release the tab and pull the throttle lever to WOT and the the plastic cable housing should self ratch out.