NewestTB crisis

blackbird

skunk works
I took my GN to a bnody shop to chop the top (rust) off and weld a new one on, that was feb 17. So i get it back today may 11 and it doesnt turn on!!! the battery is good and i cant see anything wrong but it just wont fire up. any help is appreciated!

blackbird said:
I took my GN to a bnody shop to chop the top (rust) off and weld a new one on, that was feb 17. So i get it back today may 11 and it doesnt turn on!!! the battery is good and i cant see anything wrong but it just wont fire up. any help is appreciated!

you just got the car back NOW :eek: , 3 months :eek: , i would never leave my gn at any repair shop for that long, i hope they did'nt take a test drive :confused: ,( it happened to me )

are you sure the battery cables are on tight?
do you have an alarm, that would kill it ?
i'll check around to see what i can find check here http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/engine/enginepage.html

I"d be happy to take a look at it, but I'll be in cali until sometime in august? However, try contacting "Red" I've never met him but I haven't heard anything bad about him. His tel # is 757-846-1429 and his email is EVTB@cox.net

What else they do to it? A complete paint job to match the new body work?
3 months is nothing. You cant rush perfection.

Heres the short version of the long story when I had my GN painted. I decided to do a tapeless paint job so I strip everything off of the car that I didn't want painted black. The body shop calls in a glass shop to remove the windsheild and back glass. The body shop inadvertently removed the rear taillamp wiring harness so they wouldn't get over spray on it. What they didn't know was that they also disconnected the fuel pump. These guys were good so I wasn't on the phone every 5 minutes checking up on them. About 8 weeks go by and they call me up to come down and pick the car up. While I'm on the phone the owner mentions that they cant get the car to start. I show up and hop in and sure enough it will crank but not start. I cant hear the fuel pump so I go to the back and see the wire harness laying in the trunk. I plug the 2 ends together and the car starts. All the guys are standing around scratching their heads. One guy says we spent all this time pushing your car from one end to the the other because we thought you'd be mad if we called and said your car wouldn't start.

Just a thought. If the ECM was still plugged in while they did the top it's a possiblity the puter got fried as they probably needed to do some welding.

Dannyo

Wooooohoooooooo!!!!!!

The idiots unplugged some wires so the wouldnt fry the ECM and they put them back in wrong!!! It started right up and it kicks ass!!! thanks for all the input fellas!!!

blackbird said:
The idiots unplugged some wires so the wouldnt fry the ECM and they put them back in wrong!!! It started right up and it kicks ass!!! thanks for all the input fellas!!!

Thems some smart fellers :biggrin:

KICK ASS it was nothing big

pics?
BW