newbie with ?

Aztlanahauc

Just some questions from a new guy...I have wanted a TR for along time. Well anyways I have a friend who has a used car dealership and he got a 1987 T-Type in on trade...totally stock car....80.000 miles with dark blue paint and blue interior..car has no rust and just a couple of dings on the body. He let me have the car for a weekend for an extended test drive....The car is awsome..fast...transmission shifts good...leaves 2 nice black stripes after I build up some boost from powerbraking it...just awsome.

Well now comes the problem....the car has a salvaged title....My friend never takes cars with branded titles..but he knew how much I wanted one of these cars...

The car is solid...no unusual squeaks and rattles...very nice and it drives straight...can let go of the streering wheel and it will still go straight...

Now here is the kicker....he will let me have the car for $2,000 dollars. The car seems like something I can use for a weekend toy. But is it worth it...?????

Does it have a VIN on it anywhere?
Can you verify that it's a true turbo Regal and not an NA car with a turbo motor?
If so, and the car is as solid as you say, I think $2k is a pretty damn good deal to get into the TR game.
Check out the resources section on www.gnttype.org for more info on what to look for when buying.
IMO...if it's a true TR, it's WELL worth it.
S.

yes,yes.If you dont take it I will.wish I had friends who could find me deals like that.

Thanks for the replies...Yes I did verify this to be a true turbo car from the options code badge from the trunk..

If I don't buy it ...I know he will part it out...*got dibs on the engine, transmission and rear end...* I have a grandpa fresh 1981 Buick Regal Limited that I am saving for a Buick 455 swap.. well anyways...hope to come to a decision soon..;)

If you do not want it, I know some one in Utah that would probably buy it.

Geez, I'll take it. Get the car dude...even if it completely breaks down, you could still double your money parting it out.

I have money. If car drives as nice as you say and is in great condition, I will be more than happy to take it for that price. I will drive it back from UT. That is if you do not take it. If it were me I would jump on it. Salvage title would not matter as it would be a daily driver for me.

Went to see it today after work.....hmmmm I am going to get it..he will even let me make payments for 200 bucks a month...:D

Oh man, he'll let you make payments too? Interest free? Damn, put me 3rd in line if you don't want it!! A good turbo motor can bring that kinda bux. Get the car and be the envy of all of us that have a few more pennies in our rides ;) And save the '81 for when you can score a good 455. Hell, you can never have too many cars, right? If you change your mind, you can always sell and make a few bucks. Even an NA TR with a turbo swap is a deal at $2k IMHO, that's a lotta power for chump change (in car buying terms). Salvage smalvage, if the car runs, and it's yours, who cares if it has a little baggage? :cool:

BTW nice quote in your sig! I'm a Simpsons-a-holic!

I wouldn't give a damn if it's a true turbo car or not. As long as carfax doesn't show stolen and everything is tight and clean, I wouldn't hesitate. It's not like you're expecting an investment. It's not going to be a show car, and it won't ever be worth less than 2k unless you trash it.

Weazel...yup intrest free....;) We have been friends for over 10 years....so it all good..and the Simpsons rule..