Newbie need help asap!

wayne1971

POWER6
I have an 85' T (hotair) with a front mount IC. I purchased a 63mm (garrett 3 bolt flange) turbo for my HOT AIR set-up, but I was told, "that turbo will not work on a hot air set-up." Can someone shine more light on the situation for me. Trying to get her going next month.

because it is not a carbon sealed turbo.

with the throttle body upstream of the turbo inlet, this causes the turbo to see vacuum when the throttle is closed.

this vacuum will suck oil past a typical dynamic ring as its shaped like a piston ring. though I have heard the newer multi-ring stagger gap units will work under moderate vacuum, they dont reccomend it.

if you suck too much oil, you will coke the seal... and the turbo will die.

good luck

A.j.

In other words you need to find someone to put the dynamic seal in the turbo so you can run it on your hot air. I thought there was someone on here doing that..

Hey I've always been told dynamic seal by those who used to set up hot air turbos back in the day... So cough all you want. LOL Anyway I thought someone on here was doing that, with those CARBON SEALS. LOL

I have a dynamic seal in my other turbo, which runs like crap, I plan on using that one to get made into a TA33 at blasstperformance.com and put in the carbon seal, if that is possible.

so i agree, stick with carbon seal.

Hey I've always been told dynamic seal by those who used to set up hot air turbos back in the day... So cough all you want. LOL Anyway I thought someone on here was doing that, with those CARBON SEALS. LOL

LOL He's the one making the backing plates for the carbon seals.:biggrin: LMAO You need to come and visit more often girl.:smile:

dr_frankenstein, so i guess you got it all figured out. how do we get in contact with you? i will send people your way to get a turbo setup from them.

all they need to do is send you a TA-series turbo?

how much you looking at to do the work?

if you like pm or email me.

now just need to get the adapter welded and machined and we will have a bigger turbo out there then the 33c

Thanks

Got his cell and email Brent. I can send it to you if he doesn't contact you. BTW, his name is Aj.:biggrin: We've been buds for a while and have the same frame of mind on HA cars.:eek::cool:

sweet, I will be hitting him up probley next year. got to see where my backpressure is at first.

:eek: female?

oooooh.......

why hello........:biggrin: your right.... it was dynamic.

:wink:A.j.

Yep girls like to go fast too.. LOL I have a really heavy right foot so I've been told and he's right I've very Married... Without Karl and all his support I doubt I would have ever got this far on the my goal. Next year his T type should be out so he can have some of the fun.

LMAO!

see charlie, this is why they dont let us out of our cage... we mud everything up in our path!

really though, Boost231 getting on his way to serious speed... very cool

and Turbo6x2, congrats on fastest HA thats wicked cool!

A.j.