Newbie in need of someone who knows what they are doing

Doc Holliday84

I just got my car back and I need some help I have an 84 gn t top car with no motor no transmission i have nothing left from the v6 no wiring no nothing I want to go ls (thinking 5.3) but I don't know where to start a motor is pretty easy to come by where I live but I don't know whether what it comes out of matters or what year and what transmission would be best my goal is pretty simple just a fun running driving car that makes around 400 to 500 hp reliably sorry for the long post any help on where to get started is greatly appreciated thanks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Need to know more.. Do you plan on running a 4l60e or you want 6spd? If you plan on stayin NA even 400 is gna take a good bit of work on a ls motor like a good size cam supporting mods possibly a bigger intake if it doesn't sit right with the setup you choose...

As far as looking for a good motor for yourself do you want the iron block lq4 the 5.3 or you could even go straight ls1 for same $$

Making reliable power isn't cheap on a ls motor and a tune is gna make the biggest difference when it comes to drivablity with a good size cam in ls motors

Also sorry a lq4 turbo build IMO would be your most reliable way of making the power you want depending on your budget... Set it up with a nicely built 4l60 and you can have all the fun you want :)

If your wanting to do a low budget build something like a carbureted lq4 with a cam and some cheap eBay headers would make 400 hp put a th400 behind it with a small stall and it would be a fun little street car with the potential to be turned into something with a lot more power down the road.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app