Newbie ? - Good vendors for Turbo Buick parts?

KenB 87 TT

I've looked at the advertisers with banners on this site
I've looked at the advertiser list on other very common for gnttype issues board.
I've done a search (can't refine it enough) of this site

What are reputable vendors for Turbo Buick parts that maintain a website with an accurate and descriptive product catalog/list?

Mainly I'm looking for generalist, distributing several manufacturers. So for, IMO, Johnsperformance and Ramchargers set the standard for this audience. I'm far more use to 4th Gen F-body, realizing thats a bigger audience, but more than a vendors have good useful sites.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Ken

PS At this time, I'm looking for an ATR 3" DP w/ Cat.

I've always used Jack Cotton from www.cottonsperformance.com

Always delivered when he saidhe would, only charged my card when product was shipped, and IMHO cannot beat his phone tech. Jack is on the phone all day answering questions.

Whoever you do go with, I would suggest you stick with one vendor. Each vendor has his own way of building these cars, and it is alot easier for him to tech problems over the phone if he is farmiliar with your combo and all parts on it.

Most of the guys that have banners here on TB deliver good stuff.
I have used a few & never had problems.

But like anything parts could get lost, stolen or damaged in transit

Always send a couple of email's to the vendor to see how he responds.

MARK H = 5 stars *****
Racetronic SAME
Jack C SAME

I have to give a thumbs up to 2 venders!

Jack Cotton & Musclecar Salvage.

Cannot beat the service these guys offer period. Don't take my word for it though...Call both of them and tell them you are looking for a dependable vender for your tb and listen to there reply.

For tranny stuff you can't forget Bruce at P.T.S. Straight up guy,great parts and boy does he know the 2004r trans.

Originally posted by KenB 87 TT
PS At this time, I'm looking for an ATR 3" DP w/ Cat.

Might I recommend the THDP instead.

Also, instead of buying a 3" downpipe and cat, emissions test your car with the stock downpipe and cat and buy a 3" downpipe and test pipe.

The main restriction in the downpipe is the cat. I've tested a 3" THDP and a stock elbow/2.5" downpipe back to back and the THDP was only .05 quicker into the high 11's @ 116 mph

i got 1 word for u go with jack he is a great guy he let us stay at his home when he did the work on our car :D

UNGN... ATR was suggested..

as I will be moving to SoCal, which can be brutal for emissions. I was out there several years ago with a different car and it wasn't so bad, but visual and dyno test has me concerned.

Currently the car has a gutted cat and unknown mods, not a chance in hell of passing.
From this board, gofastbuick has suggested this and he knows CA emissions requirements. It more about trying to get compliant while upgrading than just upgrading.

Thanks for your suggestion

And thank you all for suggestions on vendors.

KenB

Quad Air!!!
Its in ohio so ther fairly close, and he can pretty much get whatever you want..

ATR's have had puck sticking issues in the past. If I was going to spend $400+ on a downpipe (I wouldn't) I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be on an ATR Downpipe. ATR makes very good stuff. Their 3" TH style downpipe is a Hit and Miss deal however. Some people have no problems while some people have big time buyers remorse.

Before and after the board crash we were around 20 stuck pucks on this board alone. ATR recommends eliminating the solenoid to solve the problem (of course they do, the puck only sticks during cycling) which means elecronic boost control is out of your future.

But that's just my opinion.

I have the ATR and use the electronic boost control and never had a problem....Works great and the fit is perfect.

Let me add two to this list:

Anderson Performance (410) 282-9335
Mease Performance (609) 518-8917

Billy has done some work for me and did a GREAT job!!! He really is very good on these cars. Although I have not goten parts from him, I'm sure I will soon. Any guy that knows the hands on like Billy has to have a good idea on what parts are going to work with what combo.

Have not been to Mease yet, but planning to go up to NJ for my spring break. Keith is a great guy from talking to him!!! His parts look EXCELLENT!!!

Word To The Wise

STRONGLY SUGGEST using the Search feature before your first order with anyone. Just type in their name. This is your 1st-step.

In addition, after your search, you can put up a question asking:
"Has anyone ordered from ***** before?" Even then, you will not get a full report from all past customers.

Every "Good Guy" or every "Bad Guy" is not on a list, so BE SURE you do some real research first.

PLEASE be "smart" shoppers! There was a LOT of grief from several sources felt by a number of people in 2002. Hopefully, history won't repeat itself this year.

Utilizing the above advice can be the "ounce of prevention that is worth a TON of cure."

HTH & Happy Shopping! :)

FIFTEEN VENDORS

As an addendum to the prior post, let me give you the benefit of
some of my purchases and research over the last year! :)

Here are 15 sources that are known by me to be honest, customer-centered, and are a pleasure to do business with that I am happy I can personally vouch for:

www.cottonsperformance.com

www.johnsperformance.com

www.casperselectronics.com

www.atrperformance.com

www.hrpartsnstuff.com

www.musclecarsalvage.com

www.oldbuickparts.com aka CARS

www.ramchargers.com

Bruce@PTS

Thunder Fab Stock Mount Intercoolers http://www.thunderfabrications.com/thunderfabrications main.htm

Bob Bailey

Jay Jackson

John DeCarlo

Brian Weaver

Jack@Racetronix
=========================================

Again, listen to no ONE reference & follow the EARLIER suggestions posted above.

HTH :)

Again Thanks

Yeah a gratuitous TTT.

But really thanks, I need all the help I can get.
I'm taking a 87 TT to CA with some unknown mods and have to get it to pass emissions. gofastbuick is helping me with what CA requires, but I'm going to need parts.

Thanks all

KenB

I have dealt with a number of vendors. I can tell you tha there are only a couple that I try to stick too. For new items that are Turbo Buick specific, I use www.hrpartsnstuff.com. HRPARTSNSTUFF have been instrumental in getting my project where it is today. Contact these guys if you need anything first. They have excellent service, wonderful parts and they treat the customer right. This is always my first stop for shopping for items I need. I cannot say anything bad about most of the banner vendors here, but my first pick is always hrpartsnstuff. Hope this helps.