newbie car audio Q's

Fast231

Turbo Luvr
Firstly, i only wish i could have big bucks in the tunes for the gn but the bucks need to go under the hood for now.

But for a guy that is totaly sick and tired of the awfull sound that his 14 year old factory system makes i need some answers.

The Speakers for the back of the car are a no brainer (6x9's) but what about the front? I dont have CS and i dont want to hack my door panels, I saw the picks of the kick panels-can you buy those?
Then go 6 1/2's in there and some tweeters where the factory speakers are in the dash? or what?

prolly be two-three years before i can build a good sys, but i cant last another summer listening to a wore out factory system:eek:

If I was to buy a head unit that had about 50wx4 is that next to nothing or ????

Also can i use the head unit in the future and add amps or do you need one with no internal power output..??..

since your on a tight budget, for a head I would recommend Pioneer 4300. Great head, and really good price. For rear spkrs, do go with 6x9's. Just find some that sound good to YOU.

For the front, you can get Q-logic kick panels for your car and they will fit a 5.25 and tweet. Again, pick the spkrs that sound best to YOU.

go to local stores and listen to what sounds good to you and then head over to:

www.thezeb.com
www.mmxpress.com

or to

www.ebay.com

to buy the gear at MUCH better prices than can be found at stores. I know mmxpress and Zeb offer their own warrenty's that will match what the manufacturer offers, but its NOT the manufacturer warrenty most of the time.

Yes you can still use your head once you get amps. the 4300 has 2 sets of RCA outs.

Originally posted by Fast231
The Speakers for the back of the car are a no brainer (6x9's) but what about the front? I dont have CS and i dont want to hack my door panels, I saw the picks of the kick panels-can you buy those?

Yes you can purchase kick panels from a car audio shop or the internet. Plus you can have some custom built (My specialty).

Then go 6 1/2's in there and some tweeters where the factory speakers are in the dash? or what?

I personally would not put anything in the dash,especially if you have kick panel pods. The pods with the component set in them do the job very well,

If I was to buy a head unit that had about 50wx4 is that next to nothing or ????

A deck with built in power is OK, but will not stack up to a good external amplifier.

Also can i use the head unit in the future and add amps or do you need one with no internal power output..??..

As long as the deck has pre-outs for external amps, you can use a deck with built in power or none but if you are going to add amps later, then purchase a deck with deck power.