New XFI installed

Fuelie Nova

I know it is not a Buick (SBC Nova) but... alot of people cruise this board because of the amount of info on it. I am a moderator over on Steve's nova site and we just refer people to this board with questions:biggrin:

I bit the bullet and bought an XFI from Cal. I decided to wait until it was up and running to post some comments...

Holly was great, I needed the setup quick... she got it to me overnight. She called a couple of times to check up on things.

Installation went pretty smooth, I used the fast dual sync dist and had a problem with the pick up not being adjusted close enough, but that was an easy fix. Fast instruction sheet for installing and setting up both triggers are not that good, but Cal came thru with a great explanation.

Next could not get the engine to startup. Turned out to be a bad MSD box (fired when it wanted to). Another $200 fix.

Cal's startup map was a great starting point but I have some fine tuning to do, nothing big.

Overall this is already a great improvement over the Holley 950 Pro setup I had. I can't wait to fine tune some more.

Monday afternoon I take off for a long drive to southern indiana for a Nova show, that should give my installation a good test!

First stop... Jeffersonville Indiana, be nice to find a chassis dyno in that area while I am down there and have some fun tuning :wink:

Now I am thinking the internal logging option might be nice to have.

VERY HAPPY with Cals prices and support.
Tom

Thanks Tom! I sent you a PM.

First thing we need to do is verify timing. Then tune the idle and set the IAC and TPS. Once we get those, we'll move on to drivability. Then lastly, we'll tune WOT

I'll see if I can move this thread to the Vendor's Customer Service section.