New wheels installed- pics inside!!

darb

Well, I finally got my new wheels put on. My good friend Harvey Wallbanger and myself put them on this evening. I took a couple of pics as we went along. I have to admit, these wheels really set this GN apart, almost as if they were meant to be on a GN:D I am very impressed with the way these wheels have turned out, very nice! BTW, they are Simmons 3 piece wheels. 8.5" fronts with 245/45/17 with 4.4 BS and 9.5 rears with 285/40/17 with 4.7 BS. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

Brad

This is GN before.
shoebox.msnw

shoebox.msnw

shoebox.msnw

shoebox.msnw

shoebox.msnw

shoebox.msnw

They get decent traction on the street from what I hear. I use slicks at the track:) I want my GN to look different from most, not the same ole wheel and tire combo that most run. I think this did the trick. They may not get traction like a DR, but I will take the tradeoff of traction for looks. Haven't had a chance to really test the traction of these tires yet, but I will keep you posted on how they perform on the street. They sure do look good thou:D

Brad

Looks awesome, there's very few aftermarket wheels that I like on a GN but I like those a lot.:cool:

Your GN looks Bad A*S! I always love Simmons rims. I wish I could afford those to put on my T.

:eek: Those wheels look simply amazing on your car! Great looking car, now, wanna sell me those old ragged wheels that were on there ;)

Those wheels look great, but I think the car needs dropped about 2" all around now to really look good.

James

Originally posted by darb
Well, I finally got my new wheels put on. My good friend Harvey Wallbanger and myself put them on this evening. I took a couple of pics as we went along. I have to admit, these wheels really set this GN apart, almost as if they were meant to be on a GN:D I am very impressed with the way these wheels have turned out, very nice! BTW, they are Simmons 3 piece wheels. 8.5" fronts with 245/45/17 with 4.4 BS and 9.5 rears with 285/40/17 with 4.7 BS. Let me know what you guys think.

Would I be asking too much to see a few more pics?.
They're just too dark to see any detail for these old eyes.

They sound like the same combo I want to run.
Mine's lowered a little so it'll be really close.

Bruce,

I'm gonna get the GN washed up today and then I will get you some more pics. It was getting dark when I took those pics, around 8:30 or so. WIll get pics up ASAP. BTW, the rubber I have on their is Nittos 555 Extremes.

Bishir,

What all is needed to drop the car a little? Will I still be able to fit my slicks on when I go to the track? Give me a little more info if you can into what is involved in dropping a TR. Thanks.

And thanks for the compliments guys!!!

Brad

My old wheels are already sold. They are going on Harvey's T-Type Limited.

Brad

I've never lowered one of these cars, but I imagine a pair of drop spindles and some lowered springs would do it. Depending on the size of slicks you run at the track it may not work too lowered in the back. Though most cars I've seen cleared the fender lip area and it was always the frame that was the problem on tire fitment. It's your car though so do what you want. I'd take those wheels anyday!

James

That looks so good it makes me want to go spend almost $3K on new wheels and tires. Not joking.

Excellent choice dude. I have never seen the FR's in black on a GN....it looks bad a$$. :)

Steve

Looks very nice. When I pick up a new TR, either those, or a set of IForged wheels will be going on.

-clay

Ok Bruce, here are a few more pics of the wheels. Hopefully you can see these pics a little better. The lighting seemed to be better anyway and I tried to get some close ups.

shoebox.msnw

shoebox.msnw

shoebox.msnw

Turbohawg,

You mean this cardboard?

shoebox.msnw

That is used strictly for decoration. Doesn't it look great with the GN and the surrounding garage environment? I thought so:D :D

What's a TR without an oil leak?:D ;)

Brad