new turbo

fritz

time for me to start searching for an up graded turbo. would appreciate your thoughts on the subject.

get a ta54. if your keeping the stock intake get the turbo from limited engineering and send them your stock turbo adapter and have them weld it on there and your good to go. if your not using the stock intake try one of the new gt series turbos from precision turbo.

Boost 231

just called limited & spoke to chopper. He said that they do not do the weld on adaptor route any more. He suggested that i send my stock unit in & they would machine it out. He said it would be a TA33. with specs to a ta49??
Able to support 480-500 HP
Sound right to you?

wow

wow they dont do it anymore. humm did u ask why? i guess i just know the right people. try calling limted engineering and see if they will do it. i just sent my turbo to them and had them rebuild it and they knew what it went to without even asking me. i would not send my stock one off and have them build it to a TA33 as the TA33 wont take you far once you start upgrading even more. right now im running a TA54 and im probley going to need to send it off to go bigger. these hotair cars like big turbos. limited had all the messurements to do it. i would rather spend the extra money and get a ta-54 and find someone to machine the stock adapter on it. let me know if i can help

the guy i spoke with..Chopper(Johns son in law) said that it was too costly & time consumeing to do the weld on deal. Who do you talk to there? Maybe i spoke to the wrong guy
This seems like the way for me to go with this project...
Thanx for your help

here are pics of my ta-54 i had done. this is what you need right here.

DSC00182.jpg

DSC00181.jpg

19041d1164306837-car-ready-dsc04186.jpg

PICT0237.jpg

Tried to tell you guys...... I was running into walls trying to get a big turbo together for my car [ta33 not nearly enough turbo for me]. I was not getting any satisfaction when contacting Limit to get another hotair turbo. Havent been able to speak to John on the phone or via email in a couple years. Chopper was absolutely no help when I spoke to him and seemed oblivious when mentioning anything about a hotair setup. Too expensive and not worth it IMO when he finally gave me a price to do up a turbo for me. Im going with a gt6152 and moving the TB off the turbo. At some point I will probably end up putting my current combo in my 2nd TR and rebuild my ta33.
If I were to stay with a ta style turbo for my goals I was going to go with a ta63. Thats after discussing it with Joe at PTE who was pretty helpful and seemed glad to help whether hotair of not.

hey

its really not that hard. i have all the info and know all the people that can get this done. very easy in my opinion. and i would go with a TA-64 if your going all out like me. right now i have a 54 and its taken me along way and most people will never use this turbo to the max. once i max it out should be in the next year or so im going to a TA-64 the biggest they have in a ta series but i might try to get them to go bigger if i can.

update

just talked to john at precision, & he said they could
1) rebuild my stock unit to stock specs
2) sell me a unit for a IC car
3) they do not do ANY fab shop work. So they are not interested in doing any big turbo build ups for HA cars

Any one know of any other vendors out there that might be interested??

fritz if your not in a rush i could find out if i could get it done local. im currently in georgia for 3 weeks so if u could wait till then i will try to help you out. let me know

Thanx. Not a rush at all. there is a 3ft. snow drift in front my garage. my buick season starts in april anyway.
Let me know
f

fritz im still going to get back to you on this. i wouldnt mind getting this done for the hotair guys if i can find a place local to do this. give me a few weeks once i get back from georgia

why not

Weld the adapter on yourself or have someone locally do it. Just takes a little accurate measurement.

Lee

so there is nothing more than weld it on at the correct measurement??
I know that this is the question of the day,but do you think that the TA 54 is the best selection for me

This rookie appreciates you answer.