New TT chip, do you HAVE to adjust outside of 128?

MyBoosta

More Boost = More Love!
Hello guys,

I recieved my new TT chip the other day but have not installed it yet. After reading the instruction, it came to my attention that:
1) I better get my header leak fix first.
2) I may have to hire someone to do it for me since I don't own a scan tool or scanner 2.1, and besides, I don't know how to use those tools anyway!
3) Do I really need to mess with those adjustable parameters that are built in the chip?:rolleyes:

The TT chip was burned with my T+ in mind. So, I just need to make sure that all the parameters (1,2,3, and 4) are all at 128...right?
I mean, do you guys go to a dyno or track and adjust Up and Down from the 128 base on the Fuel and Spark tables? :confused: Is it necessary?

OR, do you just plug in, make sure that all is cool with the IAC, TPS (idle and Wot) and O2 Volt readings and 128, then play with your fuel pressure regulator to tune it?

I already replaced all the old stuff like (plugs, plug wires, fuel filter, motor oil and filter, O2 sensor and PCV) I just want to see her run better with some PEP! I know that my new and now audible in the cabin header leak is eating some power, it will be fixed soon after the holidays.:eek:

Thanks advance for your inputs:biggrin:

The TT chip will be set to run right out of the box.
BLMs seldom stay at 128 except when you go WOT and then they lock at 128.
You really need a scantool to tell if you are running rich / lean.
You just go to the GNTTYPe site and see what the norms are for each sensor.
I would get an adjustable fuel pressure gauge & scanmaster.
Post your SM specs and we will guide you from there.

on the newer 5.6 TT chip cells 13-14-15-16 are for programming they are no onger used for BLM display of those cells

they default to 128 whenever power is disconnected (orange wire at battery) and the chip should be close to your cars needs based on your mods and choice of fuel and boost levels, but if you want to take full advantage of what your car has tweaking may be nedded.

youll need a scantool to make changes you should really consider a scantool like Scanmaster to keep an eye on your car for O2s and kr and to verify many other important setting . If o2s are too low at wot then either lower boost or add fuel , if knocking then either run better fuel or lower timing (may need to add fuel as well )

for fuel pressure eric reccommends starting at 42-43psi with all but the larger than 70# injectors . your BLM value in the cell you veiw at idle as well will help you determine if you need to bring up or lower the fuel pressure for your car should it deviate too far from 128 , of course having all the leaks repaired is important as they can lead to higher BLM and richer than normal idle . once the base is set you shouldnt need to mess with FP anymore and all future adjutments for wot should be done with the chip programming . if you find at your boost level you always need the chip to have more fuel and or timing you may want to talk to eric about having your chip reburned with those settings as the default

The TT chip will be set to run right out of the box.
BLMs seldom stay at 128 except when you go WOT and then they lock at 128.
You really need a scantool to tell if you are running rich / lean.
You just go to the GNTTYPe site and see what the norms are for each sensor.
I would get an adjustable fuel pressure gauge & scanmaster.
Post your SM specs and we will guide you from there.

Where in Texas are you Mr. ES1? I wouldn't mind getting some one to help me, if that some one wouldn't mind helping me. Can you help me?

Like with this GN, I started very green with my 5.0 Mustang back in the day. After watching, taking notes and listening to the fast guys I began to make a footprint in my 5.0 driving and tuning abilities. I was good enough to run 9.64@139 back in the late '90's. This GN will not be a race car, however, I would like to see her be more of a street warrior (13.0's to 12.6's would be cool with me). I may anger some of you by saying this, but it seems that GN's are more finicky to TUNE than any other car, at least the cars I owned...supercharged, turbocharged or even N/A!;)

Let's see what I can get her to do with the mods I have!

Thanks.:D

I'm in East Texas but I will be working in Dallas some in January.
If you want, I can bring my laptop and t-link to check your car out.

Hello Mr. Pacecarta,

I will heed the advise of all as I need to learn more and more about this machine and it's capabilities. I like the T+ because it gives me the flexibility to adjust for when outside conditions changes. I also like the fact that Eric's 5.6 chips allows for wiggle room with the T+.

I just need to see and/or be shown how to set everything up to BASE and go from there. I have access to a dyno and can use it for at least a good two hours...so I CAN dial this bad boy down if shown how to.

I dyno her a coupple weeks back with the header leaking and with the extender chip (car was purchased with this chip onboard), and she dyno 246.1/307.8 at 14.0 a/f...very lean. I turned the MAF WOT to 6 (12%) richer, that lower the A/F to 12.7 and it made 243.8/305.9.

I feel that something is wacky about the previous tune on this car, that is why I ordered the TT chip; now I know what's in there. Again, that driver side little header leak could be messing it all up, who knows but we will soon find out.
I'm getting it all together little by little, the fuel press reg is on now and it is set to 45psi vac off as per Full Throttle website manual instructions.
The car runs a little better, enough to be able to beat a 04 or 05 Ford Lightning by half a car for about 1000' feet before having to slow down for the next traffic light. Oh yes, that's with my header leak sounding like crap too. I can't wait to see this car tune well and running like it should.

Thanks
Thanks

I'm in East Texas but I will be working in Dallas some in January.
If you want, I can bring my laptop and t-link to check your car out.

HECK YES.... No, No HECK, HECK TRIPLE HECK YES!:cool:

I don't know many GN guys around here. In fact, I DON'T even see any GN's around here, but I do know a guy that can fix my leak but not until after the holiday's. I hope to have it fix by the time you are here!

Please let me know Mr. ES1. Here my contact info: (972) 359-6061Hm (214) 491-8314Cell. Man, I APPRECIATE this a whole lot THANK YOU very much:smile: :smile: :smile:

Please do yourself & your car a favor & get a scanmaster soon. You could be leaving a lot of power untapped or worse yet hurting things with damaging detonation.

Please do yourself & your car a favor & get a scanmaster soon. You could be leaving a lot of power untapped or worse yet hurting things with damaging detonation.

Do you have a Scanmaster for sale? And, you have some CLEAN cars my friend...dayum!:eek:

Sorry i don't have a Scanmaster for sale but i do have a MINT Grey Limited T with leather calling your name. Original Paint too!!
100_1632.jpg

She is sweet Mr. Under-Pressure, but I already have a toy. My GN have 27k original miles and it's pretty much stock. I have all the stock pieces to make it 100% original again if necessary. Heck, I'm riding on the originals 215/65/15 tires can you believe that!

Thanks