New Trans & converter combo - Done!!

BMF_Racing

ONE B.M.F.
Well just had the first drive after the new trans and converter were installed, and all I can same is Damn! :eek: The trans is the Stage 2 from Lonnie @ Extreme Automatics with the electric trans-brake. I'm very happy with Lonnie's work, and would recommend him to anyone in need of a trans, th-400 or 200-r4. He's a real Goodfella and he knows his stuff. The converter is a PTC 2800 L/U from Dusty Bradford on here, also a real good guy.

I want to say thanks to Lonnie & Dusty for providing such a good product at a great price.:smile: I appreciate all your guys help.:D

I need to change the plugs tomorrow and then Lacey will be making some shake down runs Saturday to see how it does. I did play around alittle on the way home from Lonnie's tonight and even did a foot brake launch from a stop light and wow it feels good. :biggrin: Spools up very fast and breaking the speed limit very quickly. :tongue: I'll post up some numbers later on this weekend after the trip to Tristate test-n-tune. ;)

Slipping

well test-n-tune day didn't go as well has hoped. Going to have to get the converter out and try to get it tightened up or something. We were only trapping 108.2 mph and was at 5500 rpm with the 27" tires, so time to re-think it and try again.:cool:

Will see how all goes, checking around now to try to borrow another converter or something before the nationals so we can run something. I guess we could but the D5 back in, just don't think it will last very long. Hopfully something comes around for us. :(

Loaner convertor works better

I want to say thanks to Lonnie for the borrowed convertor.

Lacey ran the car easy at BG with 20 psi & 20 degrees timing, launching at zero psi and the car (@ 3620 #'s race weight) ran 12.38 @ 112.6mph (going throught the traps at 5300 rpm). I know it had alot more in it but she was just trying to get used to all the new stuff and have fun too. Plus I'm not to thrilled of beating on borrowed parts.:D We had a good time and will have better numbers soon, the PTC convertor is getting tightened up and will try it again with some boost at launch this time, and hopefully by May 31st.:biggrin:

VN....nice run@20 psi...
Lonnie did the same thing for me as well with loaning a converter to locate a converter problem.
Ditto on recommending him to anyone who needs help with their TB.

I want to say thanks to Lonnie for the borrowed convertor.

Lacey ran the car easy at BG with 20 psi & 20 degrees timing, launching at zero psi and the car (@ 3620 #'s race weight) ran 12.38 @ 112.6mph (going throught the traps at 5300 rpm). I know it had alot more in it but she was just trying to get used to all the new stuff and have fun too. Plus I'm not to thrilled of beating on borrowed parts.:D We had a good time and will have better numbers soon, the PTC convertor is getting tightened up and will try it again with some boost at launch this time, and hopefully by May 31st.:biggrin:

I just got mine restalled from Dusty, and its SO MUCH BETTER. I had a 3200, and mine too was very flat on the big end. It was just too loose. The 2800 spools everybit as fast, and doesn't feel like it is laying down up top. It is truely a night and day difference. Good luck to you Jason

I just got mine restalled from Dusty, and its SO MUCH BETTER. I had a 3200, and mine too was very flat on the big end. It was just too loose. The 2800 spools everybit as fast, and doesn't feel like it is laying down up top. It is truely a night and day difference. Good luck to you Jason

I just did the same thing and it was shipped out today. it was a 2800 ish stall be for and is supposed to be much tighter now. Hoping to lower the efficiency RPM's about 600 rpm so the coupling is done sooner and lower RPM's. (stock cam and heads = low RPM) Will see this weekend if not raining. :(