New trans clicking/grinding when decelerating

ineil

New Raptor stage2 trans installed a few months ago. I also recently installed a new B&M Composite X ratchet shifter. I think it's the shifter, but during deceleration it makes a nasty clicking sound to where I can feel it. I know Brian said "do not use a ratchet shifter", but Lonnie says they work fine, and I did not read that until I already bought the shifter. It was very difficult to get it adjusted right, and still not sure it is perfect, but it is set properly in "R", OD, and D. Any ideas?

One other thing. I have not yet connected the Neutral switch or Backup light. Could this have anything to do with it?

I was really hoping one of the trans experts can give me some ideas.

I was going to try and fit the old shift linkage plate back on, to replace the B&M plate that comes with the shifter.

Another problem popped up. In drive the trans shifts from 1st to 3rd or forth and bogs down. I have the manually shift into 2nd then third. Any ideas? It also continues to make a grinding sound during deceleration, but gets worse when the brake is applied. Please help, I am seriously thinking of selling it.:mad:

I would suggest you take it to a transmission shop or send it back to the vendor who built it.
It sounds as is if has several serious issues.

Sometimes all the fancy advertising doesn't get you a quality product.

Thank you Jake. I sent Don at Raptor transmissions to ask what he thinks. Next it will be off to the transmission shop.