New to the TTA, couple questions-

I'm not much of a car show guy, and likely wouldn't make the trip to walk around,

That's not what I hear:D

Man, 9inch rearend! You gonna be making some powa with that thing. Bring it over here to Detroit and let's get down this summer:wink:

BTW, I have the new 295/50-16 MT on my car...

Is there a difference between the II series MTDR?

McCormack Racing : Mickey Thompson-ET Street Radial II

That's a good question. I don't really know. It might just be their new nomenclature...

FWIW, these tires I don't think will fit on our cars without switching the front rims to the back and the backs to the front. That's what I've done on mine. I can do this because:

1. I have an AJE K-member in the front of my car with aftermarket brakes. The rear wheels clear my front brakes just fine. I can turn the wheels lock to lock with no interference or binding at all.

2. My K-member tubular A-arms actually pushed my front wheels out slightly from inside the wheel wells. I don't know why, but the AJE A-arms were slightly longer than the factory, stamped steel a-arms. So, putting the back rims on front actually put the rims back inside the wheel well in the stock location, if not slightly in more.

3. The rear wheels (formerly the fronts) now look better to me because the back spacing on the front rims sets the wheel out about 1/2 inch which gives enough space on the inside of the wheel well so the tire doesn't rub on the frame area. Also, I like the look of the deeper dished wheel being on the back of the car.

I'll take some pics later on so you guys can see what it looks like.

That's not what I hear:D

Man, 9inch rearend! You gonna be making some powa with that thing. Bring it over here to Detroit and let's get down this summer:wink:

BTW, I have the new 295/50-16 MT on my car...

Zing!

I'll be bringing the Ttype to Milan, this TTA is going to be the street beater for a while. Its partially your fault I picked this car up. Staring at the pics you posted put ideas in my head. :D

Do you have the 295/50-16 on the stock wheel? ,

Zing!

I'll be bringing the Ttype to Milan, this TTA is going to be the street beater for a while. Its partially your fault I picked this car up. Staring at the pics you posted put ideas in my head. :D

Do you have the 295/50-16 on the stock wheel? ,

Yes, I have it on the stock wheel. I'm thinking about having the rears widened to 9inches at Weldcraft. They are only about 15 minutes from my house, they were about a month backed up when I last checked with them.

Here's a couple of pics for you.

Attachments

• IMG_1773.jpg
    IMG_1773.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1784.jpg
    IMG_1784.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1790.jpg
    IMG_1790.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1772.jpg
    IMG_1772.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1777.jpg
    IMG_1777.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 138
Thats hot. Wouldnt be bad to widen them to 9" as you suggested. I may consider doing that as well. For right now I'll prolly go with a smaller radial as im running a 3.23 gear, and not making the power that yours is.

its2qik

are you going to have the stock rim cut and made wider??? I didn;t even know they could do that. Wow that would be great, how hard is that and how much do you think that would cost?

its2qik

are you going to have the stock rim cut and made wider??? I didn;t even know they could do that. Wow that would be great, how hard is that and how much do you think that would cost?

Hey Jarred, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I've had it done on a couple of cars in the past.

Just call Weldcraft in Livonia, MI. They specialize in doing this. They do awesome work.

Here's their website - Weldcraft Wheels Wheel Widening Wheel Repairs Wheel Restoration

its2qik

Hi Jarred,

I've thought about this a bit and I'm wondering, do you want to go Getto with your car? There is plenty of 17" rims out there that would look really good on your car and offer the foot print your looking for. In fact, there may be some 18" but, you are dealing with a limited space. Unless you are making a dedicated race car I really don't grasp the idea of mutilizing your stock wheels. I bet you can find 17" fronts and 18' rears that match, if you really try.
Well! Just sayin.

All that shipping would just cost too much money and effort. I am really amazed that someone could actually widen a wheel. I have never heard of such things.

I'd like to get new rims but am not sure what I would get? I am not a fan of really big wheels on these cars, I like the 16 inch ones. I think I would like black or grey wheels for my car. I'd do just about anything to my car I am not afraid to modify it or mutilate it. I have two ultra low milage TTA's for originaliity sake, my other two tta's are for messin with and havin fun.

All that shipping would just cost too much money and effort. I am really amazed that someone could actually widen a wheel. I have never heard of such things.

I'd like to get new rims but am not sure what I would get? I am not a fan of really big wheels on these cars, I like the 16 inch ones. I think I would like black or grey wheels for my car. I'd do just about anything to my car I am not afraid to modify it or mutilate it. I have two ultra low milage TTA's for originaliity sake, my other two tta's are for messin with and havin fun.

I think a set of these, Rushforth Wheels - Home with the centers painted the stock gold color and the hoop polished would look awesome.

Run a 17x8 up front and a 17x9 in the back with a MT 275/45/17 DR and you would have the best of both worlds...

Of course, arbitrary opinions will vary. I saw that exact combo and it looked simply stellar.

Jason

lol widening the rear wheels an inch is hardly ghetto'ing a car.

LOL. Especially since the widening process widens the wheel to the inside. This will not stick the wheel and tire our further. In fact, it will make the tire look better on the rim because it will take out some of the sidewall bulge on the tire and square off the footprint of the tire.

Wheel selection is definitely all a matter of personal taste. I have to admit that I'm partial to the drag race (big-n-littles) look on most American muscle cars. For example, if I were to get aftermarket rims for this car I really like that one car on the TTA board that has the Weld Vitesse rims on it. I think those rims look great. I also like the Weld Magnum rims with the centers gold. Again, this is a personal opinion, but because there are so many gold accents on these cars with the badging, and because of the color of the interiors, gold accented rims just look best on our cars.

Hi Jarred,

I've thought about this a bit and I'm wondering, do you want to go Getto with your car? There is plenty of 17" rims out there that would look really good on your car and offer the foot print your looking for. In fact, there may be some 18" but, you are dealing with a limited space. Unless you are making a dedicated race car I really don't grasp the idea of mutilizing your stock wheels. I bet you can find 17" fronts and 18' rears that match, if you really try.
Well! Just sayin.

So widening the stock rear wheels on the inside for better tire fitment you feel is more "ghetto" than 17" fronts and 18" rears? .... ok....

SO! You want to argue!

So widening the stock rear wheels on the inside for better tire fitment you feel is more "ghetto" than 17" fronts and 18" rears? .... ok....

This is my assistant! When this person speaks, I listen. Unless your gay, I think you will listen also, and agree. :eek::D

Attachments

• courtny in bar.jpg
    courtny in bar.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 98