New to the area

jims87t

"BURGUNDY BEAST" 109
Hello to all you Michigan Turbo Buick Lovers, my name is Jimmy D, I,m new to northern MI. area. I live in Honor, about 20 miles outside of Travese City. I would like to meet or talk to any members or friends that live in the northern MI area. My puter on works half the time, so names and phone # can be exchanged. I'll start with mine (231-325-2315) home # and 727-688-2036 is the cell.

I'm orginally from Florida moved up here back in Jan. with the family, wifes family lives close. finally am able to get back on line and chat with any BUCIK enthusiates, hopefully there are some around here.

I'm really jonesing for a little buick conversation.

thank jims87t

Hey Jimmy-
You're more than welcome to join us at our upcoming track rental at Norwalk, with or without your car (see Attention: Woodward Dream Cruise Crew thread). More Buick blah blah than you'll know what to do with, lol...

Patty

You're only young once, but you can remain immature indefinitely.

WHy move to MI from Florida,,tired of the heat,just asking since I am Moving to FL.. :wink:

crazy ( u think )

thank you, for the replies.

patty id loved to but virgina is a little far for me right know tranny acting up.

voodoo i moved here because of my family, wifes parents health not so well.

can't wait to talk to you'all more. thanks for the replies

Oops- that's Norwalk, Ohio. It's about a 2 hour, 20 minute ride from the Detroit area, and anyone reading this is more than welcome to come out. We're hoping for some great fall turbo weather!

Patty

not familar with this are yet

Thanks Patty but thats still about 6 and a half hours from me and dont think the tranny will make it. I'll try to make another event some time later.
Does any one in your club live in northern MI or is it strickly ohio based, need a little wrench turning help one weeked and could us a buick brother or sister friendly hand. I've always worked on the car in FL in my brothers garage in engelwood, but thats a little difficult now, being so far away :rolleyes:

Thanks again for the replies, I miss all my buick buddies down south, we were as tight as family, and now i feel like an only child.

The majority of us are SE Michigan; I think our northern-most members live in Lapeer, which is still quite a bit south of you. :frown: You're welcome to come out to a Michigan track with us anytime next summer, and if you need anything in particular in the meantime, let me know and I'll point you toward someone who can at least help you out over the phone.

Patty

Jimmy,
Welcome to Michigan. :)
I can help you out with that sick trans.
Let me know.
Brian

WOT4ME said:
The majority of us are SE Michigan; I think our northern-most members live in Lapeer, which is still quite a bit south of you. :frown: You're welcome to come out to a Michigan track with us anytime next summer, and if you need anything in particular in the meantime, let me know and I'll point you toward someone who can at least help you out over the phone.

Patty
Some of us live in the Grand Rapids Area and that's a couple and half hours out from Traverse city. There will be an event at Stanton Michigan October 15th. There will be a few buicks there kicking some camero butt. The gates open at 9 and we race until 4. If you go to Midmichigan motorplex on the net you should be able to find directions.

to Brian the trans guy!

Hi Brian,

Are u locatd in Traverse City, if you are, you already know me.
I had the tranny serviced at the shop already.
If its not call me at 231-325-2315, and let me know some info on where your located at ok. Secong gear is gone, goes from first to third, and 4th and o.d. is fine. hope to here from u soon.

Jim,
I live just NE of Detroit.
I will give you a call on that trans though. I will call you tomorrow evening.
I always have transmissions here, and could put you in a fresh one, no sweat. I usually drive and meet the people that get my units, if we could do something that would be terrific.
Thanks, Have a good evening...Brian

Jimmy,
I just wondered if you were still interested in getting your trans freshened up.
We talked after the Dream Cruise.
Thanks, Brian