new times???

WICKEDGN

I CANT LIVE WITHOUT BOOST
well i went to the track last friday and ran the GN 4 runs best for the night was 12.98@102.6 with a 1.7 60ft. not the fastest but know i know how it feels too launch @9lbs of boost and almost snapping your neck backwards. :D pretty cool feeling. i also ran a z28 camaro 96-98 nice too with a 100 shot of NOS had him the whole way beat his 13.3 to my 13.1 not to shabby for a 141xxx mile gn with homade tunning and no scan master of anykind:eek: but i was consistent with 13.0's for 2 runs looking for a guy here in vegas or in cal to freshen her up like new bearings and pistons ring's n stuff might even girdle her:cool: how much would this cost me i want to stay stock for know like the basic stuff i mention and does any body know some one here on the west coast?????thanx guys later.

What was the max boost on your runs? Did you use a race chip?

With your combo you shoud be easily mid to lower 12's!

Dannyo

it was with the stock turbo as i was too scared to run the te44 without any scan tool or knock gauge??? i asked a Q'? about from peoples experience, waht would be a safe boost to run but no body answered so i ran it with the stock turbo.

You made the right choice. One of the very important parts of these cars is the tuning. It's fun reading posts of people that know how to tune and actually list all of their runs. Sometimes people will run a 13 on their first pass and have it down to very low 12s within 2 or 3 more.

mycarsucks, that sounds like me. I just had got most of the stuff in my sig installed and went to the track. Drove right up to the tree and pulled off a 13.3 @110. Then on the 3rd run of the night, I had it down to 12.0 @115 with a 2.0 60'. Its amazing what a little tuning will do. :D

Now, if we only had a track in Wyoming....

Anybody know where to get an extremely cheap gtech or gtech knockoff?

sergio,
Bolt on that 44 and stop by sometime. I would be happy to help you get it tuned up.

thanx scott ill pit it togethere this weekend when i buy my oil pressure gauge. thanx:)

Hey good run sergio! i knew the dark side was on your side. The camaro u raced was a 93 (brother-in-law). Yea he did run 13.3 with the 100 shot we were hoping to do better. We think his posi is shot becouse his 60' was a 2.29 and he always gets a solid 2.0. At the water box only his passenger tire was spinning. When he got back he told us he had to stop the 100 shot a couple of times becouse of detination. Just wanted to put that out their. Almost forget not only did he (Sergio) not have the 44 on but he also had the stock intercooler on. Put them on Sergio and lets see what she will do:eek: .

Juan

did any of you see LEN & JOHN GALINA on NHRA TODAY this morning ? JOHN was the number 1 qualifier in super stock .

Are you using any type of Knock gage? 102.6 mph with a 12.98 ET might indicate some retard shifting into 3rd.

Hey Juan thanx it was a good race although he was gaining on me but all in all it's for fun :) . it would suck if his rearend got shot maybe be ill see you this M-M . no knock gauge ungn so i wouldnt know if i had knock in 3rd but i will ge one soon.

No its not that bad. An SLP posi is only $100 bucks :eek: . I think he is ordering it today. That is what i was telling my brother-in-law. I think your MPH is low for the times your running i bet your knocking big time.