New Times For TomTomTurbo

turbohcar

TTypes Taste Like Chicken
Well, this past weekend TomTomTurbo and I went to Coles County Dragway and ran his car. My car, still sits on jackstands awaiting that one last part to function so, it did not attend. We did have fun with Tom's car though. We got down to Charleston, IL at about 8AM just as the gates opened and set up shop. To our surprise, there were Buick brothers already there. Two beautiful Buicks had shown up just before us and were up at the tech booth while we were putting the slicks on in the staging lanes. These two older gentlemen seemed very laid back and were just as curious about Tom's car as we were about theirs. Our pit stalls were right next to each other and I clipped off a couple pictures of all three cars together. The other two Buicks were running the Pro Class (7.99 and faster) and Tom was in the Street Class (8.00 and slower). I also caught a few pictures of the cars coming off the line as well. This was Tom's first time to the strip since the new Jimmy's Level 2 transmission, converter, and slicks so we were eager to see what it would do. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a line lock yet and I think that's what's hurting his 60foot times the most since he's still using the foot brake. Despite the 60foot problems, Tom still ran the fastest time he's ever gone of 8.18 (1/8th mile track) but unfortunately, timers failed to give us a MPH. The other guys were running in the 7s with smaller turbos and the only difference was they had line locks. Here's the rest of the pics. We lost in the first round and the car was way off the E/T. Tom's still not used to the new converter but he's adjusting.

Attachments

• IMG_1389.JPG
    IMG_1389.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_1390.JPG
    IMG_1390.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_1391.JPG
    IMG_1391.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 187
More pics. Spin the tires Tom!

Attachments

• IMG_1393.JPG
    IMG_1393.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1394.JPG
    IMG_1394.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1395.JPG
    IMG_1395.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1403.JPG
    IMG_1403.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_1405.JPG
    IMG_1405.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 156
BTW, Tom picked up a half second over his previous best run and almost a second and a half since the last time at the track.