new speakers and fm modulated cd changer?

crownvic96

i'd like to upgrade my sound system a bit in my GN. its all stock. problem is i really like having it still looking stock on the inside. so i was wondering if keeping the stock concert sound stereo, upgrading all the speakers and throwing in a modulated cd changer in the trunk would be a good upgrade. or is it even worth upgrading the speakers if i keep the stock deck?

Upgrading the speakers will make a world of difference, just don't expect the same sound as an amplifed aftermarket system. If you don't want to swap the headunit, using a FM modulated cd changer is alright. But, it will only sound as good as a clear FM station, not as good as a new cd headunit. HTH
John

i've used an fm modulated device before in my crown vic. best buy had one that hooks up to your cigarette lighter in the car so you can plug up a portable cd player. it wasn't too shabby. i'm not a real big car audiophile. i just want to play some cd's :)

I got a modulated CD changer for my truck It is playing through a real old Blaupunkt head unit, and only cost $50 at Circuit City for one of their Christmas sales. It isn't the greatest sound system, but it sounds pretty good, and I got it in real for real cheap.