New Scanmaster..got some knock retard at WOT

jooset

Finally installed a scanmaster. Took the car out for a spin, seems to be running great. First time at WOT I registered 7.0 peak on the knock retard with 785 on the O2. Tried it one more time and peaked at 14.0 KR (yikes) and 685 on the O2. Everything felt and sounded good. Don't know if the peak KR was at shift or not. I guess my next move is to put some octane booster to raise the octane fo what's left in my tank and see if the KR continues (probably false knock) or goes away (real knock). Does that sound right? Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Matt

Use 100 unleaded gas or a xylene mixture not octane boosters they don't do squat for you.

At what speeds did the peak knock occur? Push both buttons on the display to get that data.

I knew I'd forget something in my post. First KR incident was at 70 and the second was at 49 mph. Xylene it is. Thanks.

Matt

First thing is to turn the boost down till you get 0 knock. Whats your fuel pressure set at? Your scanmaster should have come with some tuning instructions. Try them, they work pretty good. Try tuning the car in third WOT from about 50 mph on up to 100mph(if safely possible). If you get 0 KR in this range your good. If you get any KR turn the boost down. You should actually start with the boost low and work your way up. Try to run as much boost as possible without any KR. Once you hit this point then you can try leaning it out a bit one or two pounds at a time till you get a little KR and then add the fuel back in till it goes away and your set. More octane will let you run more boost. Good Luck.