New Rules At Burgermaster

2 SLOW

Last saturday night about 10-12 cars and about 15 people showed up for the regular meet. As usual everybody was standing around in the center isle to talk. The owner came out and told us we couldn't be standing in that area anymore. He was real nice about it and didn't ask anyone to move or leave, but has set down some rules that I got from him to post to all concerned. He made these up and gave them to me and Cory from the Mustang group to pass on to everyone. Here is what the owner wrote:

Proposed Rules for Car Club Customers:

1. If you wish to get out of your car, please park in the outer area numbered 50 - 61. Or the north parking strip which is unnumbered. Turn on your lights for service.

2. Upon entering the lot, park your car and order food. There is a $2.00 minimum service charge per person. Please wait until your food has been delivered before you leave the car. Please pay the carhop at the time the food is ordered.

3. No loitering is allowed under the ramp. This space has to remain clear for our carhops to conduct business.

4. We provide "Oldies Rock and Roll" music for our customers.. We ask that customers keep their car radio volume to a minimum in consideration of other customers.

Please understand that these rules are necessary to maintain good food and service.

Thank You

Burgermaster Management & Crew.

Cory and I talked with him about the lighting around the outside and he said he was working on improving it. Also he may hire an off duty cop to be there, which Cory and I think would be a great idea to keep the rift raft out. I for one hope this won't discourage anyone from coming out on Saturday nights.

I can tell you from personal experience that the Burgermaster in the 60's was always packed on the weekends and they had a minimum charge and didn't allow people to stand around outside the cars. I think this can be a great place to go if we all handle it right.:)

We will still be allowed to gather outside our cars, just not under the ramp.

Doesn't seem too out of line, but I think imposing rules will drive away the crowd, which is probably their unlining intent.

There just isn't enough outside parking stalls to handle the growing growd especially during the nice weather days. No way. Especially without significantly better lighting around the outside parking soon. You can't even see the color of the cars out there. What's the point?

$2 isn't a big deal but why pay anything when we can just go find another hangout. Maybe it's time to find an alternative. Then the carhops can be happy raking in the tips from all the empty stalls on the North side.:rolleyes:

Did we really break these rules or was that dike cop on another power trip? Dennis did you have a chance to talk with the owner or are we just going to find somewhere else to appreciate the business we bring in?

I stopped by the Burgermaster yesterday at about 1:30 PM to talk to Bob. They said he wasn't there, and they couldn't tell me when he would be. Seemed like they were brushing me off. I'd still like to talk to Bob personally to see what his attitude is, but I don't have high hopes for this to go well. I am confused by the fact that he put the extra lights in for us and then seems to be turning us away. I'm open for any suggestions for where else to go.

The things that bothered me the most, were the facts that there was barely any cars under the cover, it was pouring, and the most annoying we could have possible been, was when we were scooching up under the cover so we wouldn't get leaked on by the leaky roof. ..and if she hadn't come up and messed with us like she did, we would have had our food ordered, eaten and probably would have moved out to the outer parking where we usually go. It did quit raining for awhile, and there was plenty of parking, since all the mustangs were gone by then :D
(sorry Frank LOL)
The one carhop said that the reason the female cop was there so much was that the guy cops were really not doing a good job. Who noticed that, and made THAT decision.. :confused:

I won't be back! It simply isn't a friendly atmosphere anymore. Besides, no cars at Burgermasters means no "Off Duty Cop" anymore!!!:eek:

When I spoke to that girl cop she said she does this job 'cause it's easy.

Let's find another place. One things for sure, I won't be going back there!!!

I went into the stangnet forum in the pacific northwest section, just to see if they are not happy like we are, and they are feeling what some of us feel right now.
I have a link to the post, and I can p.m. it to anyone interested, dont know if I can post another forum link in here. The mustangs had a better turnout that we did, so between all of us, the BM's about to see a bigger drop in business than I thought. Its a shame, I really liked going there. I was just getting to know people. :(
Dennis, I hope you get a chance to talk to the owner.

I agree. I think if we team up with the Mustang folks we'll definitely make a statement. Maybe Dennis or Gene can inform the Manager our issue with the "have to prove something" lady cop.

We need to kick around ideas for a new Saturday night hangout. The Dairy Queen at Thrasher's Corner had a good size lot. XXX in Issaquah. Lynnwood taco time/burger king. Maybe some cities' cops are more open to car gatherings than others. Seems like the Everett cops like to continually bust up gatherings. Don't know about Lake Stevens or Lynnwood or other towns.