New Roush Mustang kill

Heskahoka

Supporting Member
A week ago I pulled up to a healthy sounding white mustang at the light. It had interesting graphics and an “R1” badge on it. At the time I had no idea what that was, so I had to Google it later. I found out that it was a 2013 Roush Mustang R1; had never seen one.

At the light while I was staring at his car, trying to figure out what it was, the driver never looked back at me. The light turned green and we both slowly rolled into it, both know what was going to happen next. At about 10mph we both got on it, fairly even until second gear. Second gear hit and my tires were spinning and squealing, but I was still pulling on him. I hear him power shift with that V8 giving it everything it had. I pulled on him 3 car lengths until he backed out of it, defeated.

I actually like to talk to drivers after the runs so I slow down, but he would not pull up beside me. Even at the light he stayed two car lengths behind, me in the left lane, he in the middle with no cars between us. Weird. He stayed that way for another mile until he eventually turned off. I guess that was my first butt hurt Mustang.

Attachments

• 2013 Roush.jpg
    2013 Roush.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 259
Sweet! Good kill. I like the new Mustangs but this is the first I have heard of the Roush R1.
I'll have to check it out.

D

edit
If it was the Stage 3 supercharged model it has 565 HP. stage 1 & 2 have 420

Nice kill regardless.

R1 = Stage 1? Any correlation with the two?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Trixdout, I believe you are correct.
  • R1 is the Roush badge for the Stage 1 (graphics and aero package).
  • R2 is the Roush badge for the Stage 2 (graphics, suspension).
  • R3 is the badge for the top dog Stage 3 (graphics, suspension and 565 HP motor).

So it looks like I killed a "Roush" which turned out to be a 5.0 mustang with cool graphics. Oh well, it was still fun.:)

Aww, you hurt his feewings! I think it's hilarious that some people have so much pride that they can't even show respect to a faster car after a loss. :rolleyes:

R1 is just a body kit. Stock form is a low 13 to high 12sec car.

Looks like you have a very healthy combo yourself, any track times?

Unfortunately, no track times. I would like to get to the track eventually and tune my ride, but I am lucky if I can pull her out one night a week.

Right now all the components seem to be working well together, but it is still using default chip parameters at 19-20 psi.