New Regal Wheels on an Old Regal?

alopeks

Forever New
I have what may be a stupid question, but so far no one in the aftermarket/OEM field has been able to give me an answer. In a (desperate) attempt to add some uniqueness/visual mods, I came across a wheel style I like that happens to be a Buick OEM wheel. The standard wheel for the 2002 Regal GS is a 7-spoke "split spoke" design, and I for one think it looks great. However, no one has been able to tell me for sure whether or not they will fit on my 1984 Regal Limited. I can't even confirm whether or not the wheels are 15 or 16 inch wheels, because my literature from GM says 16, but everywhere else I've seen them people have said they were 15's. Can anybody help? Before I spend what may very well be this semester's total income, I'd like to know that it's worth it. Or at least that it's not pointless...

They probably won't work. Check the backspacing. FWD rims have a much great offset than RWD wheels.

No they wont work. The RWD Regal is a 4.75 inch bolt pattern and the FWD is 115mm(about 4.53 inch). Back space is all wrong for a RWD.

I thought about this too. There are a lot of good looking factory wheels on the later model Buicks. The bolt pattern and backspacing can be fixed with a set of wheel adapters. If you bought the wheels cheap it would still come out costing less than a set of aftermarket wheels.

What kind of wheel adapters and where can I find them?

I really like these wheels, and every now and then I find them on eBay...

I used wheel adaptors from AIM industries (www.truckin.com) and have been pleased with the quality and workmanship. You have to be very careful with your measurements when adapting positive offset style wheels on negative offset cars. You make a mistake and you own an extra set of adaptors. Good luck.

MLH