new project

LilSpann601

as some of you know the 81gp got stole or whateva and the mechanic replaced with a 84 monte carlo with a v6...i know charlie mention something about a chevy 3.8....i popped the hood to look at the engine the damn compressor is on the left side of the motor...and the car has dual exhaust

I'm guessing that the distributor is in the back? It could also be the 4.3L Chevy so it may not all be bad. Can you take a pic so we can get a look at her?

I'm guessing that the distributor is in the back? It could also be the 4.3L Chevy so it may not all be bad. Can you take a pic so we can get a look at her?

ill take some pics soon...i have some of the car but the it needs bumper n grill...i read the label on the front of the fan cover and it said 3.8l i then walked around and seen it had factory duals..i looked on some site and it said factory hp is 125...Does anyone know about the chevy 3.8l ?? is there a turbo version of it....or any ideas?

ill take some pics soon...i have some of the car but the it needs bumper n grill...i read the label on the front of the fan cover and it said 3.8l i then walked around and seen it had factory duals..i looked on some site and it said factory hp is 125...Does anyone know about the chevy 3.8l ?? is there a turbo version of it....or any ideas?

Ever heard of the Syclone Lorenzo? the 3.8 Chevy is the baby brother to the 4.3 Syclone turbo truck. If the distributor is in the front you're good and it can be adapted. Take the pics and we'll see what you've got to work with.:smile:

Ever heard of the Syclone Lorenzo? the 3.8 Chevy is the baby brother to the 4.3 Syclone turbo truck. If the distributor is in the front you're good and it can be adapted. Take the pics and we'll see what you've got to work with.:smile:

nope never heard of it...Ill take some pics this weekend

IF it is a 3.8 and the distributor is in the back it is a chevy V6. And that would mean its a 229 ci V6, a predecessor of the 4.3L . Where as a 4.3 shares the same bore and stroke of a 350 a 229 shares the same bore and stroke of a 305. Also none of those were available in a G body with factory duals but more likley someone put a complete monte SS exuast on it at some point.

well the dist is in the back...the motor runs but smokes alot until it gets warm...the guy also threw in a shortblock motor...its a little rusted but honing will clean it up...can someone tell me what type of block this is i know its a 350...on the back of the motor it says

5.7LG
SGI

then it has a big 10 then under that it has 10243880

ok im going to take some in a few soon as i get thru cooking...is there anyway to tell which year 350...

Get the casting number and you should be able to find out. Is the dipstick on the drivers side or passengers side? That's the first clue. Drivers side is 81 and older and pass side is 82 and up.

ok they are sent i got info that the block i have is 95-00....i wonder do all blocks,heads and intakes interchange

ok they are sent i got info that the block i have is 95-00....i wonder do all blocks,heads and intakes interchange

The biggest problem is if the heads are the wrong year. The last two generation of heads that were used have a slightly different mounting for the intake. Someplace around 87 they changed the intake mounting bolts for the center so you have to either modify the intake or get the right one for the heads. From the pics you send me they used the earier heads and the later block which is fine. It should be a good car and I think you should be happy with it.

do you know which casting number for the 350 chevy heads which will bolt to a 4bbl carb??? You know any good forums i can get info on the chevy 350

Take one of the valve cover off and see what castings you have on it now. If they're a set of 305 heads you've got more compression than stock so you should be good. Go get a book on the SBC and do some reading on it. There's a huge selection of heads out there for all the different combos.