New Product! Rear Lift Bars Now Available

UMI Performance

Supporting Member
Hello Members,

We have just released a rear left bar set-up for the G-Body vehicles. A few changes we have made is, the lift bars will allow you to run a stock style sway bar but keep it level with the rear end. Also the rear of the lift bar has 2 settings to lower the arm either 2" or 3" depending on your set-up. Please take a look and if you have any questions I will be glad to help.

http://www.umiperformance.com/3020.aspx

Thanks for looking :)
Ryan

I believe the weld onto your LCA bracket on the rear. I'd suggest that anyone plot out there rear suspension geometry where it is at and where it would be dropping the lower rear mounting points. A little change can make drastic differences.

Hello,

Yes the ears weld or bolt to the outside of the rear control arm mounts. The picture below gives you a good idea, this is our relocation bracket set-up, but very similar. If you were bolting them in place you would need to drill a hole in each bracket.

http://www.umiperformance.com/images/3010b.jpg

Once nice feature is since the ears are attached to the outside of the mount the control arm can be ran back in the stock location at anytime unlike other set-ups that weld inside the mount. This means you can only ever run there supplied lift bar unless the brackets were cut off. Also the lift bar we supply is the same length as a stock control arm.

Hope that helps,
Ryan

Ryan,

By having the lift bars the same length as stock as opposed to a South Side type bar which is longer, wouldnt that effect the pinion angle if they were run in the stock location? In other words if you lowered the bars to change the instant center with your kit and set the pinion angle, you then would have a different pinion angle if they were run back in stock location correct ? Which would be no problem if you have adjustable uppers to reset the pinion angle to where you want.

lazaris said:
Ryan,

By having the lift bars the same length as stock as opposed to a South Side type bar which is longer, wouldnt that effect the pinion angle if they were run in the stock location? In other words if you lowered the bars to change the instant center with your kit and set the pinion angle, you then would have a different pinion angle if they were run back in stock location correct ? Which would be no problem if you have adjustable uppers to reset the pinion angle to where you want.

Hello,

No they will not effect pinion angle in any way. The hole pattern in the lowering brackets is at the correct arch that they are designed to hold the rear end in the same location with out moving it. This allows us to use a stock length control arm and also have (2) different lowering settings that can be changed at any time. The only thing the lift bars will change is the instant center of the vehicle.

Hope that helps!
Ryan

UMI Performance said:
Hello,

No they will not effect pinion angle in any way. The hole pattern in the lowering brackets is at the correct arch that they are designed to hold the rear end in the same location with out moving it. This allows us to use a stock length control arm and also have (2) different lowering settings that can be changed at any time. The only thing the lift bars will change is the instant center of the vehicle.

Hope that helps!
Ryan

Yes it does. Thank you. I'll be going for set. :)

Lazaris- I am glad to help and I look foward to doing business :cool:

5ltretr- No these will not effect or change ride height in anyway.

Hope that helps!
Ryan