New Pioneer double din radios?

jretrodude

Will the pioneers new double radios fit in the GN? Or only the motorized version that flips up? I'm looking at upgrading my Panasonic CQ-7103U with a new modern looking radio? Looking at getting the 8500 model

From what I understand double dins will fit w some modification to the bezel and or hvac controls. Cpl ppl here have done it

You HAVE to cut the "cage" to fit a double-din... you then would have to trim the HVAC controller and if you want it to look decent at all - You have to make a custom bezel.

hope this helps.

aaron

Ouch sounds like a lot of work to customize those. So I'm thinking the single din with the flip out screen is probably more install friendly they just don't look as nice as the double dins do. Any recommendations as to one that has the built in hd tuner, Bluetooth, and garmin GPS I do know the kenwood DNX 9990HD has all those goodies but it is a double din. Would fit nice in the 03 GS I guess?

I just ordered the Clarion NZ 503 flip out with Nav. and Sat Radio. I also ordered the Hvac control relocation mounts so I can get at my controls with the screen out. It is Expensive but offers all of the cutting edge bells and whistles. :cool:

I just ordered the Clarion NZ 503 flip out with Nav. and Sat Radio. I also ordered the Hvac control relocation mounts so I can get at my controls with the screen out. It is Expensive but offers all of the cutting edge bells and whistles. :cool:

Where'd you get the hvac control relocation mounts?

Royal-T-Ltd is correct. This is where I got my kit. The Clarion NZ503 is 799$ form Crutchfield.

It should. the face plate is the same size I think. As long as the wires on the back are long enough.

No, that piece is well worth the $80 and I'm surprised he doesn't charge more with the work involved. Buy it and you'll see what I mean. Water jet metal PLUS more stuff welded to it PLUS powdercoated and that's just the cage, not including the bezel. He also includes all the hardware, a tool, etc... $80 is a steal for what that guy does. If we were making it we'd have $80 in the piece and we make stuff all day.

No, that piece is well worth the $80 and I'm surprised he doesn't charge more with the work involved. Buy it and you'll see what I mean. Water jet metal PLUS more stuff welded to it PLUS powdercoated and that's just the cage, not including the bezel. He also includes all the hardware, a tool, etc... $80 is a steal for what that guy does. If we were making it we'd have $80 in the piece and we make stuff all day.

Guess it has more to it than meets the eye.