New owner GN questions

Just bought a 87 GN stock with 90k miles have some noobie questions
What kind of gas recommended?
I wanna do an oil change is the regular 10w30 ok?

* Just my 2 cents but, I use 93 just so I don't get any knock. Also, change fuel filter to. AC Fuel Filter part number #GF481. These filters are available in places like K-mart and local auto parts stores for around $10.
Also, first thing if any you should get is a scanmaster!! ABSOLUTE MUST. That little item will tell you almost everything you motor is doing.
  • Six quarts of good quality 5W-30, 10W-30, 10W-50, or 5W-50 synthetic oil. Synthetic oil provides better low temperature cranking (thus saving bearings and wear) while also providing resistance to coking and good high temperature protection.
  • One oil filter AC PF47. Optionally, an AC PF52 may be used for a little extra filter area. Both these filters have an antidrainback valve that will trap the oil in the filter, thus providing a small reservoir of oil for initial starting. Don't use the "equivalent" generic filters, since they often are of inferior materials and lack the antidrainback valve. It's worth a couple bucks more to get something of known quality (AC Delco "Ultra" series, Purolater, Mobil 1, and Wix are all good choices). Also, it's worth it to consider the "Biggie Oil Filter" upgrade kit that allows you to use the bigger filter (as used on the 455s). "One more tip". Be sure to unplug the orange wire close to the battery after you change the oil before you re-start the car. Reason being, so the turbo Bering doesn't get a DRY start. It's easy to do, just crank over for 30 seconds then, plug back wire back in. Have fun!! (y) Donnie.

Just bought a 87 GN stock with 90k miles have some noobie questions
What kind of gas recommended?
I wanna do an oil change is the regular 10w30 ok?
Read this a few times http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/info-for-new-turbo-regal-owners.380856/

Stay away from AC Delco oil filters. They used to be ok at one time but not anymore. Wix or Napa Gold is all you need. Adding a bottle of ZDDPlus to your oil of choice is good insurance.

The search button is your friend if you have questions. Most noobie questions/problems have already been asked and answered many times over. Welcome to the club!

Adding ZDDP is the cure for all ailments that you cam will endure. Follow the instructions carefully. Wix filters are the hot ticket today. Lots of articles on types of oil usage. Call GSCA between 8am and 12pm Eastern and get Jan/Feb 2014 GS/ XTRA .There is a excellent article on the exact ingredients that your oil should and should not have and in the correct percentages, for your flat tappet cam.

15w50 Rotella or royal purple and a . wix filter no need for anything else

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Mine came with something called a "whistler" no idea what the thing does, always shows either a "H" or a "3" or "4" not much you can do with it other than power it off and on.