New newbie in North Jersey

trixdout

Only 22 so I still got a lot to learn, and pretty muc made few mistakes with freshly new bought parts that now I'm going to have to repurchase. Total fail :(, but the total win is that I am fixing it and I own a '87 GN. Learning a lot so far from this site, and plan on making sure I bring this baby back to its days of glory.
Already after 2 months, I got the rms changed, KB headers, 3" dp that I need to re-purchase (sigh), 4" single shot exhaust, 3" cold air intake, rjc power plate, gn1 2" valve covers and scan master. Planning on getting etiher 42# inj. or 60#inj., tt chip for all the mods, FMIC, fuel pump and hot wire kit, suspension and lastly the wheels. The little tid bits won't be mentioned (pretty much a given after 100k miles [timing chain, water pump, stuff like that]).

The night pictures were taken the night my dad, brother and I brought her to her new home. A weekend I will never forget.

Enjoy the pics, and please don't worry about bashing me in future threads for stupid posts I may write, I'm used to it lol.

Attachments

• File0260.JPG
    File0260.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 122
  • File0264.JPG
    File0264.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 121
  • File0272.JPG
    File0272.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 98
  • File0276.JPG
    File0276.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 109
  • File0254.JPG
    File0254.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 128
  • File0256.JPG
    File0256.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 103
  • File0258.JPG
    File0258.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
  • File0262.JPG
    File0262.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 97
  • File0270.JPG
    File0270.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 87
  • File0274.JPG
    File0274.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 116
Hello and Welcome to Turbobuick.com!!! (61 posts later ;)) I like the wheels on the car! I suggest skipping the 42.5 inj and go right
to the 60's. I bought the 42.5's, a couple upgrades later, needed bigger inj's. Great site to learn from!

If you are a broke addict like me.
I made the mistake in going with what i needed instead of what i can grow into and i am now buying things twice or even three times. Which is far more expensive than buying bigger, better and over kill parts NOW (The first time).
Good luck.

Hello and Welcome to Turbobuick.com!!! (61 posts later ;)) I like the wheels on the car! I suggest skipping the 42.5 inj and go right
to the 60's. I bought the 42.5's, a couple upgrades later, needed bigger inj's. Great site to learn from!

Didn't even know there was a section like this on the site, Me = Super Newb.

If you are a broke addict like me.
I made the mistake in going with what i needed instead of what i can grow into and i am now buying things twice or even three times. Which is far more expensive than buying bigger, better and over kill parts NOW (The first time).
Good luck.
Yea I am totally dealing with that right now. Maybe if I can find someone nearby who knows these cars maybe they have a welder or someone that knows how to weld locally. Need ti done before the winter!

Didn't even know there was a section like this on the site, Me = Super Newb.

Yea I am totally dealing with that right now. Maybe if I can find someone nearby who knows these cars maybe they have a welder or someone that knows how to weld locally. Need ti done before the winter!
Pacecarta (on this board) he is in Etown, NJ

Me too, Brake dust is never a problem

The car came with them, im thinking of selling the stockers but the chrome is peeling bad on the lip.

The car came with them, im thinking of selling the stockers but the chrome is peeling bad on the lip.

The chrome is shot on mine too. I bought some stockers that a member had painted and cleared(?) black. Not sure what to do about my
original wheels. I won't get them re-chromed that's for sure.

looks like a good start. get the 60's like longball said. if you need any stock type parts i have plenty here in CT well within driving distance.i have parted out many of these cars and longball can tell you i got tons and tons of parts here if you need anything used

looks like a good start. get the 60's like longball said. if you need any stock type parts i have plenty here in CT well within driving distance.i have parted out many of these cars and longball can tell you i got tons and tons of parts here if you need anything used

Yea then I'll get the 60's, just need to save up for the turbo and ic to run them to their potential. Then again not using their potential at first won't hurt the car either. I do have a question on a part/parts. Do you by any chance have any vacuum brake setups including everything needed to convert from the stock powermaster setup?