New Mexico??

Word, There are a few of us down in Las Cruces. Dr. Frankenstien, GNeric and me. A few more in Alber-cracky. Where are you?

New Member here in Albuquerque NM. Just purchased an 87 GN from a member on the board. Been working to get it in good daily driver shape, then ran into a big engine problem.
Sounds like there are more of you down in Las Cruces. I Graduated from NMSU-so..Go Aggies!

New Member here in Albuquerque NM. Just purchased an 87 GN from a member on the board. Been working to get it in good daily driver shape, then ran into a big engine problem.
Sounds like there are more of you down in Las Cruces. I Graduated from NMSU-so..Go Aggies!

welcome Bro!

t was TulsaGN13's (Billys) car whom I bought it from. I drove it from Tulsa to ABQ. Before that, it was in the elevens car.

Good news: pretty solid platform, drove well and not too many issues to fix. Upgraded the wheels to the GBody Aluminum stock rims.

Bad News: Upon a secondary VIN inspection (Thanks NM MVD) it was discovered that the engine had its VIN number removed-so sometime in its life the engine was probably stolen. So it is now impounded by the Albuquerque Police Dept. I am working with them to get it back then source a new short block to get it on the road again without spending a fortune. I gave Nick Micale a call out in Phoenix to try and possibly do something.

t was TulsaGN13's (Billys) car whom I bought it from. I drove it from Tulsa to ABQ. Before that, it was in the elevens car.

Good news: pretty solid platform, drove well and not too many issues to fix. Upgraded the wheels to the GBody Aluminum stock rims.

Bad News: Upon a secondary VIN inspection (Thanks NM MVD) it was discovered that the engine had its VIN number removed-so sometime in its life the engine was probably stolen. So it is now impounded by the Albuquerque Police Dept. I am working with them to get it back then source a new short block to get it on the road again without spending a fortune. I gave Nick Micale a call out in Phoenix to try and possibly do something.
Pm me brother ive got connections with APD

Appreciate the gesture SMV6LOL.
The APD Auto Theft Unit has actually been very pro-active in helping me. They seem to be car guys themselves and did not want to see a GN go to the crusher-which they technically could have done. They are working with the city's Attorney's office and have already gotten my car released from impound over to my mechanic. Right now, it looks like they are just going to get my altered 109 block, then close the case pending me finding another legit engine. Could have been a lot worse. The detective in charge even called some of his sources to help locate new parts for the car. I guess everyone loves a GN!

Hey there, welcome to ABQ.
Sorry to hear about your volts problem; it sucks to inherit a mess. I have been fixing a ton of my own.
The closest thing I could find to a 'turbo buick' mechanic is my family mechanic: Bobby Joe's Auto Service. They just finished installing a new engine in my GN.
No guarantee they can fix your problem, but he and his guys are the most honest in town-have been for years. Will PM you the details.
Best of luck,
Mike B

How did the police get around to inspecting the engines vin number? Did you go through a road block or something?
Sorry to hear about your dilemma
Andrew

My car was missing the door VIN sticker (NADER sticker) due to an accident it had in the early 90s. During the registration process, the Motor Vehicle Depart(MVD) referred my car to the PD stolen vehicle unit substation for a 'secondary VIN inspection'. My VINs on the car matched up, but the engine has all of its VIN information removed. And when I say removed, I mean the numbers were gouged out. I am guessing that during its early life that a stolen motor was put in it.
So, they considered an altered block to be 'contraband' and impounded the vehicle. I worked a deal with them so they only took the 'bad' block. I then spent $$$ to get a new, custom 4.1 motor. Finally got the car back last week, paperwork complete with the PD and MVD, and now it is legal and titled.
Now to start tuning after I break it in!

Actually the last several vehicles I have registered from out of state they did a VIN check. Even the last jet ski I bought they checked the block numbers. Maybe they are just getting silly down in Cruces but it seems to be happening for all out of state vehicles.

I think that I will cross New Mexico of my list of gun & car friendly states.