87Jen

Hello! I'm a new member as of today and I am also a proud new owner of a beautiful 87 GN. I've wanted one for 20 years, so when I found this one I could resist no longer. I called my husband and said "I found one and It's Mine!" :D I don't know much about the maintenance required, so any suggestions would be welcomed!:)

very nice :smile: , congrat's I see you brought the car for yourself, :biggrin: just wait till your husband drives it:eek: :D , he'll be hook'd , LOL well that being said welcome to the DARK SIDE, here's a website that should help The Grand National / T-Type / Turbo Regal Buick Spring Cleaning Guide that's for a spring cleaning always good to do, my only suggestions is before you add ant type of go fast goodies, have a good alarm or even better LO-JACK ( i have lo-jack and alarms ) be careful when you go out. I don't think alabama is as bad as dade county ( miami) but you never know:confused: .

well hope you and your hubby enjoy your new rocket:D , if you guys have any questions everyone here is more than helpful. have fun!!!:tongue:

What type oil do you suggest using in it? I have been told so many different things from people I don't know what to chose.

Great picture & beautiful GN, congratulations, your better half must be really proud of you.

Well, he actually thinks I have gone crazy! He's not that interested and doesn't know that much about cars like this... that's why I am asking you guys!

Congrats on the car. It looks super clean!!!

A lot of guys use Mobil 1 synthetic. I run Castrol Syntec. Either on is a good oil. The factory suggests to use the Mobil 1.

What are your plans for the car? Show? Stock? Race? etc....

I don't have any plans as of yet. I just want it to be healthy and last me a long time because I plan on enjoying it! :)

To my knowledge, it has not had synthetic oil run in it. Will it cause any problems if I switch to synthetic?

To my knowledge, it has not had synthetic oil run in it. Will it cause any problems if I switch to synthetic?
No problem switching, but if there is a leak synthetic will find it.
I use Rollette with a AC Delco filter and I change my oil 2000-2500 miles.
Mine is a DD (Daily driver) not a garage queen..

What mods have been o the car all ready?

I'm not that knowledgeable about cars, so I am not quite sure. I don't think much at all has been done to the car other than a performance exhaust, a different chip and a K & N filter. Everything else is original.

I'm not that knowledgeable about cars, so I am not quite sure. I don't think much at all has been done to the car other than a performance exhaust, a different chip and a K & N filter. Everything else is original.
Did the previous owner give you a list, if not give him a call had have him email it to you. Anyone that knows buicks close to you??? we are normaly a friendly bunch (expect doing winter) and will stop over for coffee or beer to look at another buick :D

I haven't talked to the previous owner, and no I don't know anybody locally that knows about Buicks. I haven't even seen a GN anywhere around here. I wish I knew someone that had one so they could look at it for me.

there are folks here that are from bama...some are driving back from a weekend event in GA and may post later.