New member, my STi and my other ride....

LukeSTi

Hello,

I've been cruising this site for a couple months now and it has really fueled the fire I've had since I was a kid for TB's. Sadly, I don't have one yet but if anyone is feeling charitable and wants to give up a low mile GNX for very little money please keep me in mind. :biggrin: Seriously, the wife has opened the door for another car purchase. Hopefully a very well kept Turbo T or even GN.

Anyway here are my "rides."

2004 STi: 19,000 miles, TBE, COBB AccessPort reflash, coilovers, brake upgrade, wheels/tires, some other misc stuff. 12.7 @ 106
STiPictures012.jpg

STiPictures022.jpg

STiPictures019.jpg

STi3.jpg

and my other "vehicle"...

1969 Sikorsky CH-53D Sea Stallion

This photo was taken at FOB Al Qaim Iraq
-2landingatAlQaim2.jpg

There's me and the crew from both aircraft during a VIP mission.
MEL-Rback1stLtFrankCaptRingLCplStap.jpg

Nice "toys" One for the air and one for the land :biggrin: Good luck with the hunt for a TR! They are just as much fun!

Nice "toys" One for the air and one for the land :biggrin: Good luck with the hunt for a TR! They are just as much fun!

Thanks, I hope to find a TR as soon as I get off of Hawaii. It is not a very car friendly place, except for the perfect weather that is.

Nice STi, but I like your "other" ride better.;) I'm surprised the Marines haven't retired the D-models yet. I used to work J model Pavelows in the AF but I think a good majority have been retired to the boneyard. I now work on Marine 53 Echos as a civilian. Gotta say those 53s are definitely workhorses.

Nice STi, but I like your "other" ride better.;) I'm surprised the Marines haven't retired the D-models yet. I used to work J model Pavelows in the AF but I think a good majority have been retired to the boneyard. I now work on Marine 53 Echos as a civilian. Gotta say those 53s are definitely workhorses.

Nice to meet a fellow sh#tter lover. Yep, the Marines still have three squadrons of the D models. About 33 aircraft total still in active service. They were supposed to be replaced by the Osprey, but low and behold that never happend LOL. Now we are scheduled to stay active until at least 2015 and be replaced by the CH-53K. I love the D though and hope to fly the last one to the boneyard before I fly anything else.

Yup, from what I've read it's been kinda emotional with the AF Pavelow crews sending all the J models to the boneyard...lots of blood, sweat, and tears and history behind them to just let 'em go but that's how it goes. The Osprey is a neat concept but I'd rather fly in a 53 anyday.:cool: 99% of the guys I work with are former Marines and they have NO love for the Osprey at all, LOL. Stay safe out there!