New member from Virginia

gmmuscle

Hi Guys,

I have decided to join the club while researching the purchase of my 1st 87 GN. I used to own a 72 Skylark and have never forgotten her. My passion for the last 30 years has been my 72 Monte Carlo which I just finished a full frame off restoration. Don't want to put any more money in her, as there is just no market for the Monte's.

Am ready for another car that will be driveable and look good right away, and then maybe do a frame off just to get the bottom as nice as the top. Have not been able to get excited about any other old cars to restore and do not want to get into another 3 year project.

Looking forward to learning all about the GN's, as I know nothing about turbo, computer cars, and am looking for a challenge!!

Carl

Welcome to the turbo buick family. my first Gbody was a 86 monte carlo ss. fully stock no up grades or nothing. then i sold that to buy my current car a 87 regal with plans to turn it to a gnx clone. well any way welcome and look to seein your questions and threads on hear soon. take care *ANARCHY*

Barboursville address, but Ruckersville is the actual town. 6 miles North of the airport (Charlottesville)

Carl

Barboursville address, but Ruckersville is the actual town. 6 miles North of the airport (Charlottesville)

Carl

Welcome, Carl. Wow, small world. I used to live near the airport off rt. 629, Airport Road when I was working at Atlantic Research Corp. in Orange, Va. from 1990-1995. My best friend lives in Ruckersville, Lake Saponi. I drove over there everyday a few years ago to help him put up vynil siding on his house. Small world. I know that area like the back of my hand. Lots of country roads to zip around.

That area is beautiful year round. My wife and I still go to Charlottesville sometimes, but usually to get oil furnace parts for our house. It's really getting built up over there where you are....used to be so rural, just the way I like it.

Bruce '87 Grand National

back in VA Beach

Just returned from deployment today. Ready to get the car out. Let me know where the hangout spots are. Thanks.

Ed