New laptop, direct scan cable wont fit!

UPDATE

ok guys a few days ago i got the port replacator. hooked it up, still said that it was not found, meaning i couldnt get into realtime mode. went to a buddy's house and we hooked HIS directscan up
on HIS laptop which works on his 86 T. worked fine on my car.

SO, than i found out that windows XP takes controle of the ports. it would need to be run in dos mode. problem with that is that XP dosent have DOS. DOS is only on the other windows setups.

so i called dell, and asked them, they told me how to make my computer go into a DOS like mode, that they said could be used to run dos programs. with that said, i did it. ran direct scan through the "CMD" or dos like program on XP.

it still dosent work, says "hardware not found" or what ever it would say if you were not getting signal.

any ideas?
HOW DO I CONTACT CHU ENGINEERING?? im sure he
has all the answers. the gnttype.org vendors list has his E mail but it didnt work, it just sent it back to me saying error.

:confused:

i might just hafto buy an old laptop off my buddy or somting :(

You need a boot disk with DS right on it. Do a search under Bandit and Direct Scan. He has a website with the download you need for a floppy. Then you just put the floppy in before you turn on your laptop. When it powers up, it goes straight to DOS and you type in ds.exe . Then you are rockin'. I have to do this also with Windows 2000. Cool thing is it boots up really fast since you don't have to load Windows. Bad thing is you can only record about 4 runs on the floppy but you can always transfer them to your hard drive afterward.

You may want to consider doing what I did....buy a cheapie old laptop exclusively for DS. This way if someone slim jims my car and grabs it, I'm not concerned and if it somehow gets dropped or falls over it won't be a big deal. Paid $20 on Ebay for a 386/25.

When You installed the replicator, did XP find the new ports, LPT, COM etc?

The problem could be, that DS can´t connect to other than LPT1 and the replicator put it to LPT2 for some case.

Have You tried to connect a printer to the replicator and tested if that works?

Actually guys, I'm working on a way to run DS *thru* Windows 2000 and XP. I'm not completely done yet, but I may need a guinea pigs here soon. Any volunteers??

Hey KillrV6, make sure your laptop is set to boot from the floppy when you put that disk in!

Any of you guys that are interested shoot me an e-mail with the subject "DS Test" or something liek that. I get alot of spam so that will make it easier to locate.