New Injectors w/ stock setup

84GNwith87eng

I've got a stock 87 turbo setup in my 84GN, and I'm looking at a package deal, 40# red stripe injectors and a red 93 street chip. Would these be a good upgrade on a stock motor w/ adj fuel pressure regulator? If so, how much HP/torque can I expect to gain?

thanks!:D

ah so you are teh bastard who is bidding on that auction i've been watching :D
good luck i'ts outta my range now..

Larger injectors by themselves will not increase your HP/TQ - unless you are running lean. Larger injectors will support the making of more horespower if you increase air flow - i.e. more boost, larger turbo, better heads, etc.

Yea, I'm bidding on that auction...:D sorry!

What would be a decent turbo to use for this injector/chip application? Thanks

Chris

Originally posted by XLR8
Larger injectors by themselves will not increase your HP/TQ - unless you are running lean. Larger injectors will support the making of more horespower if you increase air flow - i.e. more boost, larger turbo, better heads, etc.

Problem is, Red's chips seem to run real rich, negating the effect of the larger injectors.

A TE-44 is a great street/strip turbo. However, before you buy anything, decide what your goals are regarding performance - a 13 sec, 12 sec or 11 sec car and make all of your purchases based on that. Before any changes to performance are made GET A SCAN TOOL.