New "hopefully" future T-Buick owner

Daytona_83

Hey all, my name is Brodie and I live in Duluth, MN. I've owned an '87 Buick GN back in '03 and I loved it...but like a young idiot, I sold it because it only had 56K miles and I felt bad for driving it. I kick myself every day for doing it too. I'd love to own another one, anything from '84-87, as long as it's turbo'd. Can be a T-type or a GN. I'd like to find a nice '84 or '85 GN because they're cheaper. Sure, they aren't intercooled, but I'm sure they can build power like the '86-87's can? Anyways, glad to be here!

Good luck with your search. As for comparing the 84/85 vs 86/87 it takes more money to make the 84/85s run as well as the 86/87s due to the lack of an intercooler among other things. But they have the look for less price.

Yeah I know, I did some reading. They're also hard to mod because of lack of performance parts, and if there are any, they are rare. I think I'll stick to the '86-87 T-Types and make my own Grand National. I have an idea in my head of what I'd want it to look like...and nobody has ever done it to my knowledge.

Alright let me in on the look you're going for. Its rare to see a turbo buick with its own distinct look. Some like stock looking. Some drop it and throw on rims. Some look like the all out drag cars they really are. What's your idea? I won't steal it. I aint got the money to make any changes at this point.:rolleyes:

Well my idea is to paint it with something like DuPont's Hot Rod black (not primer black, a single stage urethane...more like a matte or semi-gloss finish) with gunmetal emblems, but as decals. Interior would be all black with either a black or a dark gray suede inserts in the seats and door panels. Dash/console accents would be painted gunmetal like the exterior emblems. Wheels would be 17x8 front and 17x9.5 rear. Spokes would be painted the Hot Rod black and the lip would be painted gunmetal. Under the hood would be the stock flat black fender wells/firewall and such. Engine parts (intake manifold, valve covers, turbo cover, intake piping etc. would be gunmetal.

I think it would look very sinister, but very clean at the same time. I've always wanted to paint a car Hot Rod black, and the Regal's sexy looks would do it justice.

Haha, I would if I had the car. Gotta get debt free first, then I can start saving to buy one. God damn debt is killing me!