new high 60's or bigger

crazygn

10's here i come
i need bigger injectors for the te63 i run now, should i go with the new high 60's or should i get the ecm done and get some 72-75's lbs.

these will be in a 2660 lb car with the drive and will be running mid 20's on the boost level.

How many times do you want to upgrade? Even the 60's will be pushed to the edge with what you have. Get a Max-Effort 16 position, modded ECM and 83 lb. injectors and you are done.

83's, iam sure the turbo will get old and i'll need a bigger one later so maybe i should look into some 83's

With the Max-Effort it drives like normal. Pick up a set of small injectors and smog chip for emission testing. In MD where we are it may still be possible but changing the chip and injectors is simple. I picked up a set of 30 lb. green stripes and chip for next to nothing! Once you have the 83's and supporting cast in place you are done.

IF you don't have ported heads and a cam. in it I bet you can get to 24-25 psi. with no problem on the 42's you have now.

60's should get you to 27-28 psi. with no problems.

Head and cam. is another story. :)

i wish, if i could find my over boost problem and turn it down it would be ok for now, but i cant get under like 23-24psi. And at that boost i run in the 620's on o2's and 9* of knock, this is with a stock cam and home ported heads withg 110cam2.

this over boost problem is really pis---ing me off. :mad: ive tried every thing

Make sure you have a chip that is supplying enough fuel. If you're trying to use a 93 chip with those 42's, it won't be programmed with enough duty cycle for high boost.
If you're changing injectors, the 60's will be plenty for a te63.

Start with what your goal is. What mph do you want to achieve in the 1/4? Then we can calculate what HP you'll need, and what fuel you'll need.

Regards,
Eric

yes its a 93 street chip, its 18psi and 19* timimg, could the chip be making my boost stay so high also, because i cant get this race gate under like 20-24psi no matter what.

my goals this year are 10.0-10.4 @ 130-140 mph, the car is a 84 rx7 so it is only 2650 with the driver.

some people say the high 60's are good for my set up and some say they would not run them over 22 psi with my set up, not sure what to do.

thanks for the help:)

Since your car is so light, you'll only need roughly 550hp to do 135-140mph. 60lb injectors will easily support that.

How is your racegate hooked up now? Is there a boost line connected to it?

Eric

ok then i'll look into the 60's more then, and get a chip burnt for themfor my set up.

I had it hooked to the boost port on the turbo then i put a tee init and hooked it to the vac and boost ports but the boost was way to high, so now it runs from the turbo port to the bottom boost port on the race gate and thats it, but boost wont go under 20-24psi, this is with the racegate screw all the way out and the black spring in it.

thanks for the help

by the way i just seen that you are the eric that burns the chips, reds hot air said your the man to talk to so you will be getting a call from me soon any way.

Crazygn dont know if anyones told you yet but your pic link doesn't work for me wether I just click on it or do a copy shortcut and past into another window...just fyi.

The black spring is the stiffest (highest boost). Call Turbonetics and get yourself a green or blue spring and the boost range should come down.

Regards,
Eric

sounds good, i'll try to call after work and get one shipped to try it out.

if you think you can burn a chip to get the 60's to work then iam all over them next week.:)

BoostKillsStres, sorry man i will check it out, it works for me but i will look into it any way

thanks again:)